1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cover 32: Why You Shouldn't Be Discouraged About Morris Claiborne

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Feb 13, 2014.

1. dboyz

dboyz Active Member

807 Messages
    69 Likes Received

I took it to mean generically Tampa 2 defense, like "Kiffin Defense." I've seen people refer to the defense as the Tampa 2 even when the majority of the time we are really not in a true Tampa 2. I guess the write could have been more clear.
  2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,162 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    So a solid starter is a bust?

I think Claiborne has played pretty decent thus far. Carr is a good corner that has looked really bad at times and that is because our pass rush is horrible. I expect great strides from Clay this year.
  3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,658 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    I have been saying this for months. People talk about him like he was horrible, all based on a few plays from the opener and SD game (and some against NY weren't his fault, and Allen in SD turned out pretty good).
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

4,398 Messages
    2,177 Likes Received
    Considering what we gave up to get him, yes. He was hyped by the FO as the next Deion. He isn't even the next Newman.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

25,103 Messages
    3,171 Likes Received
    You're depressing me. Please stop.
  6. Denim Chicken

3,162 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    I disagree, I think the Jury is still out. Like I said, it's hard to judge a CB when the opposing QB has all the time in the world to find a open man and when the coaching staff switches schemes on you while not playing to your strengths (man coverage).
    DoctorChicken likes this.
  7. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

6,014 Messages
    855 Likes Received
    Newman?:) Heck, Claiborne isn't even the next Mike Jenkins.
  8. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

4,398 Messages
    2,177 Likes Received
    Yeah, he has a lot of built in excuses, but he is about to start the 3rd year of his 4 year rookie contract. I would like to see better than average production out of a guy who was a top 10 pick.
  9. Denim Chicken

3,162 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    Me too, but you could have said the same thing about Tyrone the year they switched him to LT.