1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboy Game Downloads

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by DBoys, Sep 18, 2006.

1. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I got my HD DVR today so I will be playing around with it. I am going to try a test run tonight with the HD Pitt vs Jax game to guage size quality etc. Do you want it posted?

I have questions for you guys to see what you are looking for etc.

Does the size of the download matter to you guys?
    Do you have any problem downloading a 1.5GB or bigger game?
    I would split the files up in 2 700+MB chunks. The quality would be really good at that size.

Or would you prefer poorer quality and a smaller size?
    How about between play commentary do you want it kept or axed?
    I will remove commercials so that is a given.

More feedback the better.

Thanks
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,042 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
    No, I really don't. Thanks, though.

PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Catch-22

Catch-22 Member

872 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think going the way of Shortcuts on DirecTV is good.

For the little plays just zip through them, but on the turnovers/scores/big plays leave the video in between to show the replays.

Cutting out the blab that announcers say during the little plays should cut down a lot on the file size.

I'm fine with downloading a big file, assuming that the file is actually hosted, not a torrent.
  4. aznhalf

aznhalf New Member

882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I download every NFL game I can find.

I will take quality over size any day of the week. The file could be 3gb for all I care if I got good quality out of it.

A lot of times I don't like the play commentary after the play and like the short truncated version. But they're always those couple of plays that I want to see the replay of. Idealy I would keep the replays and cut everything else, but thats just me.
  5. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shortcuts is through Superfan right? Doing a bunch of editing would be time consuming so just editing the commercials might be the easiest way. I would not post through torrent it would be probably through dummy accounts in filefront.
  6. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am the same way. As I said before I will prolly just remove commercials because I would end up cutting out a replay someone wanted to see :)