1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys #1 most searched for team in the internet

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by perrykemp, Apr 4, 2014.

1. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,777 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    Interesting article by Nate Silver that looks at google search data for all major sports teams in the North America.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/theres-a-big-five-in-north-american-pro-sports/

The #1 "most searched for" team in the NFL.... the Dallas Cowboys, followed by the Green Bay Packers.

I find it interesting that neither team broke 9 wins last season.

Goes to show you the long legacies of winning (at least historically) go a long way in building a fan base.
  2. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,513 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    America's Team.
    SDCowboy85, Carharris2 and Red Dragon like this.
  3. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,376 Messages
    1,581 Likes Received
    This is great news, .. we can add it to our relevance in merchandise sales and TV ratings.
    jnday likes this.
  4. Boysathelm

Boysathelm Benched

89 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Jesus.

Is this what we're down to? Search engines? If fans will accept this no wonder our players will accept less than titles.

Nothing personal, OP, but forget your search engine stats.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  5. perrykemp

6,777 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    Who says I "accept" it? I came across the article, it mentioned the Cowboys, and I thought it was interesting enough to take a moment of my time and post for others here on CZ to view it.

Boysathelm, as far as I can tell you and I never once had an exchange of any sort here on CZ. First impressions are everything I can certainly say I've learned a lot about you in the 1st post of yours of I've run across....
  6. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received

Maybe people really want these two teams to be more successful and are trying to find out what they're doing to better themselves.
    Boyzmamacita and casmith07 like this.
  7. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,685 Messages
    996 Likes Received
    How many years in a row have we won this Internet Championship? Surely we have the most Internet championships in the league.

I did see that we lost our merchandise belt though

Still got the Forbes most valuable championship belt though
  8. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,214 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    in other news, water is wet...I would be that half of the internet hits are ESPN employees reading their own Cowboy articles just to get their own hits up...

America's Team!
  9. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,920 Messages
    2,336 Likes Received
    Wow. The negativity and sarcasm has hit an all-time high or should I say LOW? When will you all realize that trying to bring down every other Cowboys fan will not make the Cowboys better? Either show love for your team or hit the road and start a realist board somewhere. Seriously guys, what do expect to achieve by spewing venom in every thread? It gets old. The CowboysZone is for people who love the Cowboys. You take the good with the bad and hope for the best. You've all made your point time and time again. We get it. Now move on to something besides Cowboys suck.
    bkight13, Fredd, jazzcat22 and 6 others like this.
  10. perrykemp

6,777 Messages
    2,424 Likes Received
    Funny thing about this thread is more of my posts than not tend to be critical of the Cowboys...

I posted this thread which I view at neutral at best but was obviously viewed as some as pro-Cowboys and BLAM -- I get blasted as a homer / kool-lade drinker / happy fan / etc.

Guess I know why politicians are leery of working across the aisle.... :D
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

33,140 Messages
    8,958 Likes Received
    QFT.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  12. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,214 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    I hope that I didn't come across as negative, I was just saying that I agree and that everyone is talking cowboys, especially the media

America's Team for life!
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

53,266 Messages
    6,571 Likes Received
    Nice post. I wish I could give it 2 likes.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  14. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

10,442 Messages
    2,227 Likes Received
    Great post....
    Boyzmamacita likes this.