1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys 30/1 to win SB

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Jun 26, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,299 Messages
    4,658 Likes Received
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Postdraft-Super-Bowl-odds.html

Post draft were are 30/1 along with 6 teams including the Skins. The Giants are 18/1 and the Eagles 60/1. With ties that puts us as 8th favored but basically middle of the road.

The Giants are slight favorites to win the division with 9 wins. We're at 8.5 and the Skins at 8.

The Pats are favorites at 5/1 followed by the Niners and Broncos at 6/1.

Most projections I've seen are somewhere between 8-11 wins. I've projected 8 the last two years but this year I'm guessing 10 wins. Hopefully that's not the kiss of death for us.

So what do you people think of the current odds on the Boys and us predicted to finish second in the East? I do think the Giants and Boys will be the top two teams. I always respect the Skins but I have no real clue this year about them or the Eagles. Perhaps that's my belief you can't count on running QBs. Some have been real threats though so we'll see where the current trend goes.
    Verdict likes this.
  2. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,398 Messages
    871 Likes Received
    30 to 1.

That's almost like the mathematical probability theory that if there are 32 teams then each team in theory has a 1-in-32 chance of winning the SB.
  3. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Personally, I think the odds are about right. If I make it to Vegas before the season starts and the odds are still 30 to 1, I will put some money on the Boys.
  4. mrmojo

mrmojo Well-Known Member

1,365 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    That's about right. I would put money on it. Every year in the NFL a team that is not expected to win the SB comes through, why not the Boys.
  5. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,079 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    Wish I had a spare grand laying around. :)
  6. Verdict

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I wonder what the odds were (preseason) of the Ravens winning it last year? Or the preseason odds on the Giants last two SB winning years?
  7. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

653 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Hold on the draft made us worst??? we were 25/1 before then then hahahhahahha....
  8. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,299 Messages
    4,658 Likes Received
    Yeah, wasn't sure all the why there but it has to do with the amount of money being bet as well; in fact mostly.

To another generally the favorite does NOT win the SB although the top favorites often play in the CC game so that's a good bet albeit lower odds. If you put a $100 on ten teams > 16/1 then you have a fair chance of winning some money. You put up a $1000 to win 16-30K.
  9. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,871 Messages
    1,689 Likes Received
    [IMG]

Awesome!

/reality
  10. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,152 Messages
    484 Likes Received
    I believe the Cowboys will make the playoffs and once you get to the dance anyone can take the girl home... Get the drift :D
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,128 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    Not sure where you went to high school, but I'm pretty sure that's not right.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    Califan007 and pancakeman like this.
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,957 Messages
    1,917 Likes Received
    That number will change by game one.
  13. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,771 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    So the Pats dump Welker, Gronk has more operations than plaoff TDs and Hernandez is currently shopping for prisons tats, while Danny boy has yet to make it through a full season and they are favourites? That seems a little ...off.
  14. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,542 Messages
    1,036 Likes Received
    Their system is:
    1. Brady
    2. Belichick
    3. Offensinve Line.

The weapons are fairly interchangeable (scored 500 points with vertical offense with Moss, scored 500 points with horizontal offense with Hernandez/Gronk/Welker, and were 7th in scoring with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney as top weapons)
  15. Cowboys=SuperBowl

Cowboys=SuperBowl Active Member

263 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Actually here in Vegas our Boys are 18/1. I would love 30/1 but I put down 5 dollars and the ticket pays $90. 18/1
  16. Verdict

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    Of course the odds are very fluid, especially this early and change based on money flow and injuries.
  17. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,387 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Over here the odds have been sat at 25/1 in the bookies I work in since long before the draft.
  18. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,771 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Yeah, we'll see how it plays out this year. I believe dumping Welker will come back to haunt them.
  19. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,311 Messages
    1,471 Likes Received
    I think our odds of winning the super bowl are very slim but I think we have a good shot at winning the division as long as everyone plays like they are capable. Anything can happen come playoffs. A wild card team could knock off a favorite and then end up having to come to Dallas for the second round of the playoffs and we could get hot. I realize that hasn't happened for 17 years but maybe our time is coming. I don't know why but this year feels a little different. I like some of the stuff I'm hearing from the players.
    Cowboys=SuperBowl likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Happy New Year! Staff Member

21,130 Messages
    1,976 Likes Received
    I have to assume the Pats odds just changed fairly dramatically (Hernandez) - even before this loser got arrested, I didn't view the Pats as the best team in the league.

Oh well, that's why we play the game!