1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys are a soft team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmberBeer, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Hogwash

Quit reading when merchandise sales were mentioned.
  2. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,689 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    I don't expect narrow minded people to understand.
  3. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,610 Messages
    317 Likes Received
    Sure
  4. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Active Member

559 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    It's the same team. Same results. It's amazing how quickly we forget or think it has changed.....i do it myself.

But this team it was it is. .500 with no chance in playoffs.....

Until we "gut it". Which includes JJ hiring a GM. I kind of think its just going to be like that......

JJ needs to be held accountable. Yeah, he owns the team........but the Cowboys belong to the city of Dallas. And the state of Texas.....and the fans.....
    AmberBeer likes this.
  5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,250 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    Ah don't rightly know what this mean.
  6. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 Ace Deuce Zone Supporter

1,064 Messages
    360 Likes Received
  7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,568 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I think Dallas (under Red the OC/HC) is a lot like the early Colt Teams. They were a finesse team that wanted to put points up (and they did normally) quickly and then make you keep up with them. If you recall, somewhere after loosing to Pitt and NE in the cold a few times, they came out one year with a determination to be a physical team. They wanted their OL to physically dominate, not just pass protect, and started to run the ball a little differently (not just more runs but more power runs that let the OL hit the DL). I think that attitude change, became a part of what got them to the SB finally. Attitude and imposing your will on a defense late in a close cold game will get your deep in the playoffs.
    AmberBeer likes this.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

9,890 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Teams with more talent on the OLine and DLine will be more physical because of their talent, not because they just decided to be more physical.

You can't have James Harrison type antics anymore due to the rules.

The Cowboys need big strong players to replace Doug Free and Bernadeau which will make them more physical. You can't get blood from a turnip or powerful play from Doug Free.
  9. AmberBeer

2,689 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    It's not on the players. It's on the coaches. It's a philosophy. Ours, or Jerry's and co., is to draft for flash and ignore the mash. A 7th round choice can play just as physical as a 1st rounder. Maybe not as effectively, but you get my point. It's a way that you play the game. Dominate in the trenches with physicality.
  10. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,830 Messages
    1,071 Likes Received
    Does balls work for you :) ?
  11. xwalker

9,890 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Only is the 7th round pick turns into a Jay Ratliff or Leon Lett.

A less talented player can't just decide to outmuscle the guy he is playing against and the James Harrison style has been taken out of the game by the refs.

If Harrison was punished while playing for the Steelers it would have happened even sooner if he played for the Cowboys. If you have not noticed the Steelers have historically benefitted from the officiating more than most other teams while the Cowboys have benefitted the least.
  12. beevomav

beevomav Active Member

274 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    They are not soft. What they are is perpetually injured. It's not so easy being a tough team with half the team on injury report.
  13. AmberBeer

2,689 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    Your really missing the point. I'm not talking about having a Harrison type guy. Quite the opposite. I like Garrett's RKG philosophy. I feel that the Cowboys just need to play more physical. In order to do that, you have to practice it. You must practice running the ball. Not just as a token. Swarming the ball on defense. The Cowboys did that a couple of games early on but have abandoned it because it's not their identity. You have to be able to dominate physically on the DL and OL lines. And you can do that with less talented people. It would get us further than what we've been seing of late. Imposing your will on the opposition. If you've played football before, then you know what I mean.
  14. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,239 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    Soft coaching equals a soft team.
  15. xwalker

9,890 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    Y
    You can't dominate a player that is more talented than you are just by willpower. The meanest, most agressive DLineman in history was not going to dominate Larry Allen. It just was not physically possible.

I played TE in High School and often had to block players that outweighed me by 50+ pounds. There was no chance that I was going to physically dominate that guy regardless of how hard I tried.
  16. AmberBeer

2,689 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    Now you're starting to get it. If we focus on spending draft picks and FA's on the OL and DL then we will have the players that can play a physical game. Until then, we'll be 8-8 at best.
  17. xwalker

9,890 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    t
    That's not what you were saying in your last 3 replies.
  18. AmberBeer

2,689 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    Well, now we're on the same page.
  19. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,678 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    You can't prove " softness". It can't be measured or evaluated. So you can feel free to have your opinion, even though it has nothing but air to back it up.
  20. AmberBeer

2,689 Messages
    899 Likes Received
    You don't think this team is soft? If so, then you feel this is a physical team. And that is a big, big joke. You can continue to support this soft team and hope they turn things around. My opinion is that until they change their philosophy and focus on building both the OL and DL's we'll be a mediocre team at best.