1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys are mediocre..But so is most of the NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Vinnie2u, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,976 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    I don't know if I should be excited, sceptical or just wait and see... 9-7 is going to win this division..
  2. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,678 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    If we get to the playoffs i'll be happy i don't really see any teams we can't hang with if we play our best so if we just get inn anything can happen
    Gameover likes this.
  3. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,065 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I don't think this team should apologize for anything. They held their own against KC and Denver, the only loss where they really were way out was SD. They have handily beat their NFC opponents. You play the teams in front of you and earn victories where you can. This week they need to earn one against Detroit on the road. A three game winning streak with two of those wins on teh road is a pretty positive stretch all things considered.
    brymatt94 and pjtoadie like this.
  4. Crown Royal

10,065 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    In all honesty I wouldn't have given a victory Monday today. Maybe a half day, but I want a TON of focus on beating Detroit. I want this game bad.
  5. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

8,189 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    We weren't out of it in San Diego either. Terrance Williams doesn't fumble and there is a good chance that we stage a comeback there. The score at the very least would have been much closer.
  6. Crown Royal

10,065 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    I think that's fair. Let me rephrase; the game that was most out of our grasp was San Diego, IMO.
  7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,472 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    I think these next few weeks we'll get a good idea of who the Cowboys are. The first 7 games are kinda hard to say because 1) we played the entire NFC East, who happen to look horrible, and 2) we played 3/4 of the AFC West, who look like the best division in football. The Lions are a team we match up well against. They're no Broncos but they're no Giants. If we get humiliated, expect a 8-8 season and a first round thumping. If we go out there and play well then go out and play well against the Saints, I think we should be pretty confident going forward.
  8. Crown Royal

10,065 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    Agree. I like the idea of finishing October 5-3. If that record carries through to the end of the year, that's 10-6. If you told me we would be 10-6 in the offseason, I'm not going to say that I'd be jumping through the roof, but I would DEFINITELY be pleased and not use the word Mediocre to describe it.
  9. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,380 Messages
    253 Likes Received
    The Cowboys are not mediocre, OP needs to look up the meaning of that word.
  10. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,813 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Saints are the only team left on our schedule that I can say who are clearly better than us.
  11. Crown Royal

10,065 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    And we get to play them at home!
  12. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

1,976 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    Ordinary average middle of the road.. or 8-8
  13. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    1,112 Likes Received
    This week.... :D
  14. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,369 Messages
    396 Likes Received
    i want that Saints game BAD
  15. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    the Cowboys are "meh"

Sorry if that offends you, but so is the NFL and thats what they wanted. A PC version of everyone has a chance to win. Thats it. And if they dont get it, they will create rules to force it. If that doesnt work, the refs will dictate games. If that doesnt work, advertisement. Parity, its what they designed it for, its what you got. a team can go 0-16 one year, and be champs the next with a few moves. If you suck, waste time trying to get that one player in the draft. If not, sign that FA person you think is going to work. But by design, they wanted parity and this is it. Dynasties are done, and mediicore teams can hit lighting and than think they are something special, NY Giants, and dont kid yourself, the fans will eat it up.

For years, on years on year, you never ever cared what the Cardinals, Seattle, or Tampa did, now, every team has a chance at it.
  16. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,813 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    We actually play them in NO.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  17. romothesavior

romothesavior Active Member

279 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I know Bill Parcells says you are what your record says you are, and I know what fans will say given our current record, and hell, even I have had trouble convincing myself that this isn't the "same story, different year."

But I don't think the Cowboys are mediocre. Great? No. But I think they're a pretty good team, and I think 10-11 wins is very doable given our remaining record. And we've already shown we can play with anybody. This team is better than last year's, in my opinion. These next few weeks will give them an opportunity to show it.
  18. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,896 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Unfortunately we play that game in New Orleans.
  19. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,561 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    That may be true, but it's hard to argue that we weren't completely outplayed by SD in that second half. The odds of winning a game with that defensive performance will never be very high.
  20. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member

3,561 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Mediocre has a couple meanings: "of ordinary or moderate quality" and "poor, inferior". I'll agree that we're not the latter, but it's not clear to me yet that we're better than the former.