1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys at Redskins Season Opener 1999

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by punit328, Feb 21, 2010.

1. punit328

punit328 Active Member

689 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I want to watch the entire highlights of that game, because i do remember us coming back after being down big in the 4th quarter, and then i remember Troy throwing the deep ball to Rocket to win the game in OT.

My question is, do any of you know where i can relive the memory and watch the game highlights online? If so, then please share with me.
  2. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,300 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    I don't know if this will but it should hold you over until someone posts something better.

[youtube]Gt_DP8FMpaQ[/youtube]

Here is a better look at the overtime play to Rocket.

[youtube]eezGFRZtW-8[/youtube]
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Man do I miss Troy Aikman. Not that we're lacking with Romo, but Aikman was a machine.
  4. DCBoysfan

DCBoysfan Hardwork and Dedication Zone Supporter

4,295 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    I forget how loud the staduim was when he scored, LOL.
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like a lot of Cowboy fans in Redskins territory.
  6. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,463 Messages
    520 Likes Received
    What a great game that was and that season really did look like, at the out set, that it was going to turn out to be another really good one for the Cowboys. That injury to Michael Irvin absolutely destroyed the season and pretty much ushered in the tail spin into the crap that the Cowboys were the next few years.

That injury to Irvin is still one of the lowest points in my history of being a Cowboys fan. I was so bummed out that guy was hurt and extremely angry cause of how the Eagles fans were all there celebrating the injury like the classless pieces of garbage that 90% of them are.
  7. Scranton Tiger

Scranton Tiger New Member

377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can pick up the entire game as well as many other Cowboys games at www.backintimedvd.com. If you have the NFL network, they also occasionally show that game as part of their NFL Classics series.
  8. punit328

punit328 Active Member

689 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    thanks a lot bro...that is exactly what i was looking for
  9. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That still takes my breath away. One of my favorite plays in Cowboys history. What a great play call on third-and-2.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

that guy is selling games. I would suggest you just look to trade for games.

I have been busy setting up trades and building the library since the season ended.

I watched the 85 monday night season opener against the skins a few days ago! We have opened with them a bunch. I wonder if we will again this year, seems like a good a time as any although sticking Dallas in NY to open the new stadium makes sense....i guess that could be week 2 though.

oh and by the way I have this on dvd, or at least on a hard drive. If I could ever figure out how to upload a torrent I would put it up and everyone could just download it.
  11. Scranton Tiger

Scranton Tiger New Member

377 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That is correct. I would still suggest using the site however. I have picked up around 70 games from this site so far (all on DVD) and the quality of the games here is much better than any other site I have picked up games from be they bought or traded. Even with the older games the quality is amazing considering when they were played. Plus he has a HUGE selection of Dallas games. Only about half are listed on his index so far. If you email for an entire list, you can probably get one. That's what I did. JMO, take it for what it's worth.
  12. Carl23

Carl23 Member

267 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'm fairly certain that I have that game on VHS. Heck, I have a ton of games on VHS dating back to 1994 or so. I keep telling myself that I am going to convert them to DVD one day. So far, that day hasn't come. :)
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

well thats cool. Any chance you want to trade some games?

I am dying to see the skins-cowboys 91 game and the cowboys giants turkey day 92 game.
  14. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

If you dont feel like doing it I would be happy to do it for you!