1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Buying or Selling?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CrazyCowboy, Jun 11, 2014.

1. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,263 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    Well that was last year.
  2. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,336 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I have my usual two views:

1. Sunshine and Lollipop View (based on health, improved talent and coaching) - 11-5
    2. Doom & Gloom View (based on injuries, poor undeveloped/underachieving talent and poor coaching) - 6-10
    Of courser I always prefer sunshine and lollipops! :D
    jobberone likes this.
  3. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

7,931 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    I'll stay with my 8-8 until they prove to me otherwise they can consistently win. By that, put together more than 2 wins at a time., preferably 3 games or more a few times.
    I'll see how TC goes, and may feel good and say 9-7. But need to see it regular on the field.
    However I do feel they have the Offense, and even with all the player turnover on the Defensive side, if they stay healthy could, and should produce that 9-7 or 10-6 season, but with this schedule, at best 11-5.
    jobberone likes this.
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,954 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    That 8-8 guess is not out of line.

With this schedule and knowing that going 5-1 in division for two years in a row is a very, very low probability, it's hard to go higher than 10 games max.
    I'll avoid the downside because that depends on injuries to a large degree.

Just hoping for a healthy season and growth on the defense could maybe lead to a surprise.
  5. Disturbed

Disturbed A Mere Flesh Wound

1,448 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Offense might be good enough to go 11 - 5
    Defense could be bad enough to go 3 - 13

So somewhere in the middle is a good guess. Two things to count on - offense carrying us against lessor competition, and defense killing us against good competition.

SELL - defense wins championships.
    pjtoadie and jobberone like this.
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    We'll have a Sluggers chance in a Heavy Weight match... like Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali, proving you don't have to be a Rocket Surgeon to win in the NFL ..... however I'm selling because of the lack of Brain Scientist for duh Boys.
  7. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,311 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Buying. I think this is the year that overall team health won't cripple us. Our defense is going to surprise a lot of people and be a lot better than anyone expects. The db's will play much better. The defensive line will turn out to be a team strength.

The linebackers might be the weakest link this year in the defense, but they will be good enough to get the job done. Marinelli will do a much better job of scheming the defense and it will be a top 10 defense.

The offensive line will be mauling the piss out of opposing defenses this year. It will keep drives alive on 3rd and short. It will enable us to punch it in by running the ball on the goal line. Our offense will be about 3 points per game better on average this year. It will help keep our defense fresher. Less plays by the opposing teams will improve our defensive stats considerably.

Special teams will be special this year. Our kicker will have a slight slump and not be quite as accurate this year, but is still a top 10 kicker. We win at least 11 games this year and have a shot at a first round bye in the playoffs.
    jobberone likes this.
  8. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,069 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Buying! 9-7.
  9. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,316 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    Well then, tell em why you mad son.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,226 Messages
    3,047 Likes Received
    I don't know about 2014, but I'm predicting Super Bowl for 2015.
    jobberone likes this.
  11. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,160 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    I just hope that if we don't look like a contender that we completely tank and get high draft picks.

Also a new coach would be nice.
  12. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,277 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    I'm at a wedding reception and have downed two Captain and cokes and now working on some Smirnoff vodka and 7--I'm buying! Lol Feeling a Lil good, gonna say at least 9-7, with a potential of 11-5 and a run in the playoffs. Yeah baby!
    CowboyFan74 and CrazyCowboy like this.
  13. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,123 Messages
    416 Likes Received
    As long as we have such a major deficiency at head coach, I am selling!!!
    pjtoadie likes this.
  14. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,470 Messages
    1,182 Likes Received
    Matt Johnson's healthy so we'll probably have the best defense in the NFL.
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  15. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,277 Messages
    485 Likes Received
    Major deficiency? I'll admit that has some to be desired, but it ain't major. *shakes head at some of these fans*
  16. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,083 Messages
    492 Likes Received
    17-0 because it doenst matter how unrealistic you can predict things, just be positive.
    CowboyFan74 and daveferr33 like this.
  17. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Active Member

481 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    What everybody is forgetting was we gave up the most yards.... who cares, our defense gets turnovers yards doesn't matter.

Our offense should score at will which will in turn make opposing teams have to throw the ball. Make them one dimensional we can create havoc by getting turnovers.

Denver defense couldn't stop a runny nose but they got turnovers and made the super bowl. GB did the same thing, terrible defense buy got turnovers and used the strength of their offense and special teams play.

Defense wins championships yes but since Seattle won on defense people have gone crazy about if you have no defense you only win 4-6 games and thats untrue.
    CowboyFan74 and jobberone like this.
  18. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Active Member

481 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    I disagree, I will not and no fan should never cheer to lose got high picks and be coach. Cheer for your team to win and improve, I cheer for the team that I love. People hate about certain players and hoping they mess up so they get cut from the team. Why not cheer for the players on the team to do good instead of playing bad.

Landry had a terrible record but was giving an extension and the rest is history. Not comparing The Great Landry to Garrett just saying that he took a 1-7 ball club and had almost replaced the entire roster. We knew this was at least 3-4 rebuilding process, never going anywhere if we change coaches every year
  19. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,670 Messages
    771 Likes Received
    I thought it was one of the team's best offseasons in years.
    jobberone likes this.
  20. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

1,153 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    I do think 10 is the ceiling. That would be great
    jobberone likes this.