News: Cowboys coming up on SportsCenter!

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by tomson75, Jun 13, 2006.

1. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    probably more TO vs. Parcells...blah blah
  2. BESTintheEAST

BESTintheEAST New Member

10 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its been more good than bad lately
  3. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well, apparently they're going to seperate "fact from fiction"...i can't wait to hear espn's cowboys "facts". this board seems to be the only place i can occasionally find accurate information.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm watching ESPN HD as we speak on my LCD, they are taking forever!
  5. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    why is it everyone thinks TO has to "carry" us to the playoffs? has the fact that we've been building a solid, young squad simply averted every major sports reporting agency in the country?
  6. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    Probably because we were a T.O type of player away from making the playoffs last year. Just a guess.

7. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,580 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    We needed more than TO. We needed an oline more than wr.
  8. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hidden TO story. no relevant team info. my apologies to those of you sick of TO threads... i was duped.

plus, i think this aired yesterday.
  9. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,881 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    CLayton burned his last bridge

10. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,871 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    This way they can continue the TO hype. Like it or not, this is the choice the Cowboys made when they signed TO. The Cowboys play on the field will either change or reinforce this perception, so don't read too much into it now.

Philadelphia's play in 2004 changed so dramatically with TO in the lineup that they could never change this perception, regardless of how important McNabb and Westbrook were down the stretch.
  11. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

28,400 Messages
    3,181 Likes Received
    Actually, we were one jose kicker from making the playoffs last year...just a stupid kicker, the player that Hostile likes...

Yet, noone mentions's all T.O., and "how come we did not play Henson/Romo in those last games so we could see"! :cool:

And tomson75 is right! Everyone looks past a really young defense, a new scheme, with more to come as they learn how to run the 3-4...

But, T.O. needs to show us Cowboy fans, not the media. The ball is in T.O.'s he a bro or a bra?

We will find out pretty soon...

12. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well that was pointless I think we all can agree, T.O. won't catch 100 balls, Dallas is much improved and they are playoff ready...I just wasted 30 mins waiting on that...

P.S. John Clayton was right, the Redskins beat Dallas twice last year so you have to make them favorites until the victories come on the field as much as that pains me to say.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun... Zone Supporter

28,400 Messages
    3,181 Likes Received
    That is true! The RedStinks dogged the Boyz last year...they were better last year...

BUT...this is a New Year! And good teams should know that last year is gone for good...but, try and tell that to a RedStink!

...good dog....Gibbs...!
  14. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,871 Messages
    13 Likes Received

This is a valid opinion.

- They swept us last year.
    - They creamed us up and down in our most recent game.
    - They were a playoff team; we weren't.
    - Their defense was better last year than ours was.
    - Their OL is anchored by two proven OT's; a key to playoff success.
    - Their RB routinely cranks out 1500 yard seasons.
    - Their retread QB was statistically better than our retread QB last year.
    - Their #1 WR had a breakout year and dominated; our WRs shared the load
    - Their H-Back a better year statistically than our #1 TE
    - Their HOF HC has more championships than our HOF HC.
    - They have more proven coordinators than we do.
    - They lost no key contributers from 2005; we lost Keyshawn Johnson, Laroi Glover, and Larry Allen-- all snapped up by other teams within days of their release.

Knowing the above to be true, a dufus who hasn't the first clue about how to project for 2006 can, that is is allowed to, deduce that Washington is better than Dallas.
  15. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,228 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    so what are you telling me? that the deadskins stink?
  16. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,871 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I could care less about them, to tell the truth. They sweep us one season and their fans cream their collective pants when Dallas has been shellacking them for most of a decade.

I think our defense is becoming something truly special and that our offense has really turned the corner. Last year was a setup for us, part of an evolution while IMO it was Washington's apex-- the best they can possibly do with their current personnel. That's how I feel right now after four consecutve talent-injecting drafts and given the youth, talent and chemistry this team has been building.

IMO, we were clearly the best in the NFC East last year until about mid-season when injuries began to kill us at critical positions like Left Tackle, RB, Cornerback, and for us, LB. This offseason has greatly addressed need and depth for the Cowboys like no other offseason I can remember.

I'd feel 100% certain we are the elite team in the NFC were it not for Carolina's equally brilliant offseason and Atlanta's signing John Abraham.
  17. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,713 Messages
    5,559 Likes Received
    Of course John Clayton has zero sources in Dallas - and it kills him!

The guy doesn't know the Cowboys play in Texas, much less any relevant information about the team.

He was the guy who preached about how much Parcells wanted Tim Couch in Dallas

He was the guy swearing up and down that Owens wasn't signing in Dallas - until the night before he did.

He's a Seahawks lover through and through and bashes the Cowboys at every chance.

I simply present this to anyone paying attention:

Tell me last year's Cowboys - despite all of their faults - would not have won 11-12 games if they had a kicker who could actually kick?

That's right.

Now tell me that this year's team isn't just a tiny bit better than last year's........................

18. Star Struck

Star Struck New Member

144 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Personally, I'm not sure I would want to be picked as the favorite going into the season. I'd rather come in as the underdog and prove them wrong...
  19. MikeD17

MikeD17 Benched

678 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I told you all on this site and another that Jose Cortez would cost dallas from making the playoffs last year and he did just that.
  20. thewivil

thewivil Member

737 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have to keep in mind, though, that we lost every single one of those players on purpose. It's not like they were free agents and we were trying desperately to sign them, and someone else snatched them up. No, our coaches and GM believed the team would be better served going in another direction.

That shouldn't be any sort of negative to our team.