1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Fans > Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dallas Cowboys, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys Active Member

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    This may seem far fetched, but what if....

Season ticket holders and those intent on purchasing tickets, all boycotted a game. The stadium could be virtually empty at kick-off. A protest aimed at Jerry stepping down as GM.

With today's social media and perhaps with the Dallas media feeding on the grassroots movement, a protest could possibly gain traction. With all the Cowboys fans out there who have knowledge of advertising campaigns, and the use of video, websites, contacts within the media etc. etc.. I would imagine there would be enough who have some activist blood in their blue and silver veins to lend support to the cause.

I'd love to see a poll on how many Cowboys fans believe our decade of ineptitude lies with Jerry and his actions as GM.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who's ever thought of this. I tried to do a search for a thread, but for the life of me I couldn't find the search option. I would have started a poll but that feature isn't available.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  2. mitchell2254

mitchell2254 Active Member

728 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Tickets are already paid for, Jerry wouldn't budge a bit.
    alicetooljam likes this.
  3. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Go ahead and get the protest started. Good luck with it, but I doubt it will get anywhere.
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,642 Messages
    732 Likes Received
    There was a billboard movement a few years ago to embarrass Jerry, it was likened to tin foil hat lunacy by some here, but was based upon somewhat successful outrage campaigns in Detroit and New York.
  5. Dallas Cowboys

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I don't know about that. The sheer magnitude of the statement would have to force his hand.
  6. Dallas Cowboys

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Well, If it gained momentum, would you be on the bandwagon?
  7. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received
    Then the stadium would be full of the other teams fans.

Much as it will be when the Pack comes to town. Or the Steelers. Or next year when they play the Texans.

There was one game this year fans on here were talking about how many fans of the opponent were there. I forget who it was though.
  8. Dallas Cowboys

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Hmm, I'll do a Google search for it. I'm curious what their thinking was. As for Detroit and New York, Texans and their commitment to football would certainly out weigh anything they could muster.
  9. Dallas Cowboys

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Man I'd love to see the look on Jerry's face.
  10. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,509 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    I live in Canada so Jerry doesn't get any of my money beyond a jersey and the odd trinket.

The problem you have, as somebody has stated is that you are asking season ticket holders to hold onto tickets that have already paid for. People generally want their money back so they put them up on Stubhub or NFL Ticket Exchange and some other teams fans will snap them up. Jerry already has the money in his pocket and will still have his Stadium full.

Jerry has no problem seeing AT&T full of other teams fans. He said as much after the Steelers game last year.
  11. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,597 Messages
    773 Likes Received
    You can't link attendance with win-obsessed hardcore fanatics. People go to watch an afternoon of football between two teams in a great stadium and are happy with that. The stadium is still gonna be full.

Maybe if they started getting blown out in every home game or something, to the point where the game wasn't fun.
    alicetooljam likes this.
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,706 Messages
    3,198 Likes Received
    This is not a new idea. I'd give the chances of success somewhere below 1%.
  13. Dallas Cowboys

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Ya, no doubt that the idea the stadium would be empty would be a stretch, but the thought of it gives me some sense of twisted pleasure. I'm just frustrated to no end with the hostage crisis this franchise has endured with Jerry as the GM.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  14. Dallas Cowboys

162 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    That was generous. I honestly would have imagined the odds even less, but it's nice to hear that it isn't a new idea. Perhaps the odds are better than I thought.
  15. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,585 Messages
    1,286 Likes Received

Right. He doesn't care as long as there is a butt in that seat buying his $20 pizza.
  16. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    And then boycott them again when the new GM couldn't get it right 5 years later.
  17. JackWagon

JackWagon Well-Known Member

1,394 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    It hasnt worked in cincinnati against Brown running that team into the turf ... and he has been doing it for years.
  18. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,976 Messages
    3,184 Likes Received
    Let's start boycotting jerry by not even logging into a dallas cowboys fan forum site.

That will show him.

/sarcasm off
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,164 Messages
    1,044 Likes Received
    Already there, we've got jackets!

:D
  20. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received