1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Fans > Jerry Jones

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dallas Cowboys, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,343 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Here's a novel idea: if you hate Jerry Jones so much, go find another team. Seriously! There are 31 other teams out there. And when that team is having a down year, you can have another sissy-fit and kick and scream until that team's GM is fired. You can take comfort in the fired GM as a scapegoat if it makes you feel better since your team didn't win.

The GM did his job these past three seasons. The team is talented enough to compete for a playoff spot. The players and the coaches have failed the past two. We will see soon if the players and coaches produce this year. Blaming your fan frustrations on a GM is plain silly.
  2. Dallas Cowboys

Dallas Cowboys Active Member

144 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Perhaps they should have done this...
    Cowboys fans petition Obama to oust Jerry Jones
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...wboys-fans-petition-obama-to-oust-jerry-jones

And I thought the idea of boycotting a game was entertaining. This guy is definitely having some fun. ;)
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  3. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

692 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    The problem is that Jerry truly believes that he is the savior for this team and something like a one game boycott would just fuel his desire even more. He would just think that when he wins a Superbowl it would only be that much sweeter after going thru this type of adversity. It is extremely difficult to sway someone who truly believes they are doing the right thing. The only thing that would change Jerry's mind would be a prolonged boycott, it would probably take more than one season to force his hand. Jerry has become bigger than the team, it is not about the team succeeding it's about Jerry succeeding. It would take an extended period of empty stadiums, no more phone calls for interviews or TV appearances or radio shows, for the fans and media to become apathetic to the Dallas Cowboys. If it got to the point like in Jacksonville where they had to give out free beer to get people to go to games, Jerry might, might, consider a change, but even that would be doubtful.

A one game boycott would generate more attention and Jerry above all else loves attention.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  4. Dallas Cowboys

144 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Give it a break. We don't have to be Jerry homers to be Cowboys fans.
  5. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Post deleted.
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

6,753 Messages
    1,446 Likes Received

here's another novel idea

let people express their opinion
  7. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    You have no clue. The team is NOT talented enough to compete for a playoff spot because injuries kill us time and time and time and time again. And why is that? Are we just the unluckiest darned team in all the land? No, we have NO DEPTH. Why can't you understand that? This team is not dealing with any more injuries than any other team and frankly, have been luckier on one front than many teams, we have had our starting QB all season. How many teams can say that? It's a subtle thing that most folks like you don't comprehend because you see star players like Romo, Dez, Ware and Lee and think "Oh, we've got all the talent in the world." It is a smokescreen, it is an illusion.
    BoysFan4ever likes this.
  8. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

10,884 Messages
    307 Likes Received

Novel idea? Fail.
  9. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

3,643 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Awesome post!
  10. Dallas Cowboys

144 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Yup I thought so too.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt °¤~Cold Eternal~¤° Staff Member

58,791 Messages
    1,715 Likes Received

I don't know of two many teams out there that have had as many injuries as we have to their defensive line and especially when they are moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3 where the line needs more bodies on it.

Now...maybe there are teams out there that have had around 17 different starters on the defense line over the course of the season thus far but I can't think of them.

However to your point, that does not absolve the offense who has been pretty healthy this year with the exception of Waters being missed for the season and the normal (at least they seem to be normal) seasonal injuries and missing time for Murray and Austin.
  12. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,207 Messages
    676 Likes Received

all this for 1 look? Jerry was all state RB in high school

Jerry was co captain of the NCAA Champion Arkansas Razorbacks as the starting offensive guard...Jimmy Johnson who played on that same line was not captain...go figure

Jerry has scouts just like every other team.

Jerry has more experience at GM duties than probably any other GM in the NFL

Recent solid drafts. maybe you should have ousted him a few years before his resurgence.
  13. theSHOW

2,207 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Jerry has brought us 3 Super Bowls. ect
  14. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,039 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    And that's why you have 17 years of this crap. keep buying those tickets, and you will have another 1 playoff win in 17 years.
  15. theSHOW

2,207 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Dallas sure has its share of complainers.....not in my house
  16. cowboys2233

cowboys2233 Well-Known Member

3,780 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    Wow, there really is still a Jerry Jones apologist out there! Cheers to you, sir! I feel like I've just stumbled across a species that was thought to be extinct.
    TheCoolFan, Seven and BoysFan4ever like this.
  17. theSHOW

2,207 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    Believe me gentlemen, I can make fun of Jerry too, but maybe a few of you need to go pound the sheetrock a few times instead of ranting about the same ol Jerry. I bet you would love his job lol. Maybe that's it.
  18. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,466 Messages
    714 Likes Received
    Read the rest of the thread and perhaps you will start to understand why this will never work.

If you can get 80,000 season ticket holders and hundreds of thousands of others (maybe millions) to not buy tickets and have empty stadiums for home games for a year or 2? Great. Go for it. I'm all in favor.

All I'm saying is that the moon will turn into cheese before all this happens. And the reasons why are very well explained in other posts above.
  19. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

3,643 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    I think there is maybe one other guy on here who just loves Jerry & everything Jerry. I remember he posted that he couldn't wait for Sundays to see Jerry. And he was serious.

He kind of scared me with that post.
  20. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

8,767 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    Or you could just wear paper bags over your heads at the stadium and carry signs urging idiot Jerry to hire a GM. That would be picked up on cameras and its probably easier to get momentum going--kinda like the wave. Heck, you could even hand bags out in your section to those who don't have them. AND they are recyclable to boot!