1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys files complaint against Jay Ratliff

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 24, 2014.

1. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    Could be... Still difficult to prove. I agree with you though, if he did Cowboys shouldn't let it slide.
  2. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

12,322 Messages
    2,214 Likes Received
    They play hard for him. They never give up on him.
    Beast_from_East, Zordon and JBond like this.
  3. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Goodell works for the owners so it could be interesting. Not sure the Jones boys would spend it wisely based on their track record. Rat did screw the team.
    khiladi likes this.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Do you have a link to the article that mentions the team physical and rat failing it? I never saw one.
    Thanks
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,501 Messages
    9,653 Likes Received
    If it doesn't benefit the team in terms of cap space then it's a situation of Ratliff vs. Jerry. I have no reason to ever support Jerry himself in anything. Why would I care that he gets money back? The man who killed this franchise? I salute Ratliff for it.

So my first choice is the team. Cap space.

But if it comes down to just Ratliff vs. the owner, it's an easy decision for me.
  6. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,932 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    No you don't have to prove it.. in a civil trial a majority of the jurors have to have a reasonable belief as in could a peer reasonably believe rat was trying to defraud the cowboys. I think we win that all day long.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Unforgivably in the process of quitting on Jerry, Ratliff quit his teammates as well.
    Idgit and Oh_Canada like this.
  8. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,106 Messages
    618 Likes Received
    That's pure garbage. Ware decided he didn't want a paycut, so the team let him go early in the offseason so he could make a crap load of money elsewhere. Ratliff faked the extent of his injury so he could weasel his way out of Dallas and go to another team during the season.
    JBond likes this.
  9. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,417 Messages
    713 Likes Received
    That's a real swell attitude. Root for the guy who intentionally hurt the team and restricted them in the ability to sign a replacement. This one takes the cake, even for you.
    dogunwo and Little Jr like this.
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received

Even for him? Lol it shouldn't have suprised you at all. I'm just suprised his groupies aren't in here giving him their internet high fives.
    bkight13 likes this.
  11. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,846 Messages
    1,217 Likes Received
    Ware asked for his release.
  12. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,418 Messages
    135 Likes Received
    What? If you're released you're still owed money a lot of times.

Ratliff was sitting on the bench making 100% of his paycheck for doing nothing.

There's a huge difference between releasing a player and refusing to play.
  13. Reverend Conehead

Reverend Conehead Well-Known Member

1,058 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Good! Finally! What Ratliff did was outright fraud.
  14. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,461 Messages
    2,879 Likes Received
    Good post................I think the NFLPA is probably going to make the same case you just made.
    khiladi likes this.
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    I remember Broaddus a few months back when this story was first brewing, mentioned that the Cowboys kept detailed day-by-day notes on Ratliff's every move during the 2013 season. He mentioned two people in the organization (forget their names) who are specifically responsible for note-keeping these types of issues. If this goes to an arbitrator, the Cowboys will be fully prepared to state their case.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  16. Beast_from_East

15,461 Messages
    2,879 Likes Received
    When it comes to legal proceedings, like filing complaints................it doesn't matter what you know................all that matters is what you can prove.

Can you prove Ratliff "betrayed" the Cowboys?
    Chocolate Lab likes this.
  17. Beast_from_East

15,461 Messages
    2,879 Likes Received
    That apparently is the whole problem, Ratliff would not rehab at VR so we don't have any images of his hip showing him perfectly healthy. If we do, then I agree its a slam dunk, but I think that is the major problem here. Ratliff rehabbed on his own with his own doctors and we never examined him or conducted our own tests.

Without those scans we cant prove jack.
    khiladi likes this.
  18. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,577 Messages
    2,454 Likes Received
    They have team physicals. I don't know how often they occur but they have them during TC each year. It will be interesting to see what the team presents as their case. Wish we could get our hands on it.
  19. Beast_from_East

15,461 Messages
    2,879 Likes Received
    This is not going to a civil trial.................the new CBA basically keeps everything "in house" with an arbiter making the final decision if the NFL, NFLPA, or member clubs have a disagreement.
  20. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    Good point and a point well taken.
    Thankfully, that's not up to me to handle.
    This will be left to better qualified men than you or I.
    Best that we just vent our desires and emotions and watch what trans-folds since we have no other choice but to do so or ignore the situation altogether and that ship has sailed, hasn't it?