1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys files complaint against Jay Ratliff

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 24, 2014.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

22,080 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    They may have had to wait for the new league year to begin and then the owners meeting.
  2. bkight13

bkight13 Well-Known Member

4,917 Messages
    1,985 Likes Received
    PFT is reporting that a team only has 50 days to file a grievance. I would hope that is not the case and it gets tossed on a technicality.
  3. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,976 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    You serious, Clark?
  4. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,976 Messages
    1,105 Likes Received

I second that emotion. There are times when the Forum Family needs to quit drinking that Thunder Bird and eating them fried baloney sandwiches and do something as a united family.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,476 Messages
    2,812 Likes Received
    I posted on this last season. I'm thinking the Cowboys are going to get some money back on this. The Cowboys kept very detailed files on Ratliff, his progress, his workout habits, his physical reports, right down to when he stepped into Cowboy facilities, how long he was there, what he did (EXACTLY), when he was there, you name it.

The Cowboys have been preparing for this for a very long time now. I believe they are going to win.
    casmith07 likes this.
  6. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

13,356 Messages
    2,830 Likes Received
    Jerry seems like he lost a lot in gambling this year. Maybe too much coke or alcohol? A botched plastic surgery job? He hasn't fired anyone from his staff, though they rightfully deserve it. No free money, instead they got to play out their last year of contracts.
  7. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,627 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    sort of sounds like they had Ratliff punch in on a time clock. :)
  8. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

36,476 Messages
    2,812 Likes Received
    Oh, much more detailed then that. I think they hired people to basically watch every single move he made for a period of time.
  9. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

337 Messages
    22 Likes Received
    When did the Cowboys (Jerry) file his grievance?
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,006 Messages
    3,369 Likes Received
    There aren't any specifics on the complaint filed, whether it's with the league or in court.

Edit - just saw this on US News and World Report

"The collective bargaining agreement does not cover such disputes, so the Cowboys have brought their complaint to the NFL's management council and the players' union."

So, it looks like they might be doing this as a courtesy before filing a full blown lawsuit.
  11. ragman

ragman Active Member

262 Messages
    58 Likes Received
    Can someone please explain the difference between a complaint and a grievance? My local newspaper says the Cowboys filed a complaint with the NFL, but the local sports radio stations are saying they filed a grievance.
  12. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

1,601 Messages
    590 Likes Received
    Agree....Why they waited is beyond me. As soon as he signed w/ Chicago and played...they should have filed. now- it looks like just a hooker gold digging money grab
  13. kjcmeb

kjcmeb Active Member

106 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    that is such a striped tomato thing to say.
  14. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,939 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    These are the words his agent said the day of his release, one week later he was medically cleared