Cowboys first round pick should be a QB Bridgewater or Carr

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyvic, Apr 19, 2014.

1. cowboyvic

cowboyvic Well-Known Member

1,817 Messages
    735 Likes Received
    He's 34 and has a bad back. he is not going to get any better. what is it going to take to convince the owner that it's over? the window is closed shut.
  2. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

30,712 Messages
    4,505 Likes Received

If you are diligent, maybe someone manning one of these phone lines could pass along your question to Jones.
  3. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

3,117 Messages
    1,247 Likes Received
    Why are they going to lose the next few years? Not even drafted this year.
  4. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
  5. Bwareinrings94

Bwareinrings94 Active Member

678 Messages
    217 Likes Received
    They at least need to do the due diligence in the qbs. If they deem one or more to be franchise qbs, then they should effort to get him. If they do not like them, then they should move on with drafting trench players. I agree they will not be super bowl competitive and need to be in a constant state of seeking a franchise qb. But they should not force the selection of one if they don't like them.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,781 Likes Received
    Because one draft will not fill nearly enough holes with enough talent to win.
    pjtoadie likes this.
  7. kevinhickey

kevinhickey Member

348 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    I say, we wait until next year, to see who enters the draft. If Romos back gives out again, this year; he probably walks away from the game. If Romo's health, and the defence fails; we will be drafting much higher 2015. I'm not sold on Bridgewater or Carr.
  8. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

14,906 Messages
    1,583 Likes Received
    If and that's a huge IF, if Bridgewater is there at 16 you take him. I don't see him going past 10 though..
    Gaede likes this.
  9. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,914 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    I would strongly consider Bridgewater....Carr, not even a little bit.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

37,327 Messages
    14,321 Likes Received
    Window is not closed. Extending the franchise QB was not a mistake.

If a QB you think can start is there for you in any round, you pull the trigger. I'd be all for it if the right guy is there. I'd rather it be a Savage or a Murray, though, in a lower round.
    Gaede likes this.
  11. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

1,098 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    Just because they are the top 4 ranked QBs in this draft doesn't mean they will be good franchise QBs or that we will regret passing on them.
    That type of thinking is dangerous especially after seeing the defense we put on the field last season.
  12. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

2,014 Messages
    1,343 Likes Received
    No QB is a franchise QB until they get on an NFL field and prove it. Doesn't matter what round they are selected in or if they are just free agent signings. As for now this is Romo's team until he cannot play due to injury or he retires. This is not the last draft QBs will be in so I am in no way interested in drafting one from this draft. If this team sucks bad this season and has a very high draft position then lets talk drafting a QB.
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

43,820 Messages
    3,377 Likes Received
    he is a well known Romo hater which tells you all you need to know about him. And why he wants us to take a flying leap on a class of QBs that distinctly underwhelms. He thinks anyone is better than romo..
  14. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

8,411 Messages
    884 Likes Received
    Though I do like Bridgewater @ 16. You don't rebuild with take Aaron Murray in the 4- 5th instead.

15. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

30,712 Messages
    4,505 Likes Received
    This would be a logical alternative IF Romo's back is in good shape. First, you can beef up the roster with best player available in the earlier rounds--which will be even more relevant if BPA is also defensive lineman or offensive guard/tackle. Second, you add young quality talent from a later round much more likely to be Romo's successor than Stephen McGee ever was.

The draft sometimes mean you can have your cake and eat it too--only you must be careful not to mistake pie for cake.
  16. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

9,025 Messages
    1,472 Likes Received
    Give me Teddy at 16 and I'll feel.much more optimistic about this teams future
    pjtoadie likes this.
  17. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

2,082 Messages
    917 Likes Received
    T. Bridgewater is not A.rodgers. Hes was overhyped by the media to start.
  18. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

7,061 Messages
    1,781 Likes Received
    Teddy is not even on my radar. He is not an option IMO. There are a couple that I eould like to see fall though. I don't want to see a mid-round pick wasted on a QB either. The chances of them ever developing into a starter is small.
  19. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

4,324 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    This is going to make some of you mad. Draft Matt Barkley

in March of 2013
    with such hits as:

more to come from this great artist-cowboyvic

jobberone, Nirvana and tm1119 like this.
  20. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,914 Messages
    1,067 Likes Received
    Every year there is a mid round qb who just needs to be "molded" for a couple of years until he's ready to blossom into a great qb. In reality it never works out that way. I really hope we don't waste a 3rd or 4th round pick on a QB.
    KB1122 likes this.