1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys' gameplan against RGIII

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheSport78, Dec 27, 2012.

1. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,405 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    Random thoughts about the game on Sunday night:

A glaring issue with the first meeting on Thanksgiving was Washington's ability to generate pressure on the defensive line with only rushing four and even three players.

At times, it seemed like the Skins had 25 players on defense, while Dallas only had 5 on offense.

Why was Washington successful with generating pressure on Romo? Without DeMarco Murray, the Dallas offense is just a shell of itself. With the Cowboys now having the threat of a running game, I expect to see less pressure on Romo come Sunday night.

On the defensive side of the ball, I expect to see a pretty even mix of man and zone coverage. With RGIII not being 100%, he won't be so inclined to make plays with his feet and leave the pocket so soon.

The dangerous aspect of playing man against mobile QB's like RGIII is the possibility of the quarterback stepping up or out of the pocket and making big plays by himself. However, Washington's wide receivers aren't elite by any means, so with RGIII not completely healthy, I think we'll see a decent amount of man coverage on Sunday, with some zone mixed in as well.

P.S. just purchased tickets to the game! Anybody tailgating or doing the travel club thing?

:starspin
  2. dantheman41

dantheman41 Active Member

700 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    I will be down in DC for the game. I probably will go to team hotel to meet some of the guys before the game. Where you get your tickets?
  3. Lazyking

Lazyking Active Member

699 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    Game plan is simple, keep everything in front of you and keep RG3 mostly in the pocket. We don't have the linebackers to run with him.. on passing situations, we should play zone and hold the edge.
  4. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,461 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Hit Griffin hard, at every opportunity. If it brings some flags, so be it.
  5. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,238 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Big plays are the killer against the skins,i think they will have a similar game plan as they did against the saints and hope the get some turnovers.
  6. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,228 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    Man up the Receivers, qb spy with a safety or linebacker, and rush from outside!
  7. iRepDatStar

iRepDatStar Member

69 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    The skins will try to attack all areas of the field. We need to watch misdirection runs.. reverses.. swing passes.. screens to wrs.. quick throws to wrs.. crossing routes..

They like to call plays to protect rg3 and have him get the ball out early
  8. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,903 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Put the kitchen sink into the game plan then throw it at them. Leave nothing behind. :laugh2:
  9. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

5,951 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    I actually think Rob will play it soft. He'll hope the DL and LBs can stop the run and keep the safeties deep. I think Rob's worried about giving up the big play.
  10. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

73,903 Messages
    993 Likes Received
    Defense I agree likely will be more bend but don't break with the occasional blitz
  11. Boysathelm

Boysathelm Benched

89 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    The players will do their job.

I'm more concerned about our coach. He's never been in a game like this. He's more likely to choke than Romo.
  12. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,185 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Stop the run game.
  13. TheSport78

8,405 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    eBay! I'll be at the team hotel as well.
  14. dantheman41

700 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    It's the ritz in pentagon city right? What time u gonna go? I will probably go sometime Sunday afternoon
  15. TheSport78

8,405 Messages
    375 Likes Received
    According to Max Sports, it's at the Westin in Alexandria...
  16. dantheman41

700 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Hmm weird. Hearing different things. Bryan isn't getting back to my tweet