1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys gear/accessories for your dog?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by viman96, May 31, 2013.

1. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,462 Messages
    149 Likes Received
  2. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Leather collar would definitely be ideal. Keepin it classy and showing the pride.

edit: Well, tried to do some searches and it's hard to find something similar to what your looking for. Unfortunately I think I got to that section of the internet where women waste money. DoggieVogue.com are you kidding me?
  3. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,821 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    No luck finding the collar I want so thinking of having one made. I am going to check with a few local places about machining the Cowboys Star. If they can do it for a reasonable price then I can have a friend that does leather work make the collar :)
  4. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,692 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    The dog does not care, and has no earthly idea what he is wearing.

Get what you want, it was for you all along.
  5. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,821 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Obviously I'm not doing it for the dog. I want the collar and bed to be comfortable for him. He will only wear the collar when outside the house. Well and game days for me :)
  6. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,377 Messages
    162 Likes Received

[IMG]

Goober Pyle says: "REALLY DUDE!? You can sniff my "u-know-whut!!!"
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,609 Messages
    5,329 Likes Received
    Dangit! Ok, so I was bluffing about the infractions. But I'm mentally benching you for a whole day. I'm not reading any of your posts for the next 24 hours if you're going to be posting pictures of Dogs in Outfits.

Even the look on that Dachshund's face is saying 'Make it stop.'
  8. DallasCowpoke

5,377 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    It's actually kinda funny. Goober especially (the 1 in the foreground, giving you the skunk-eye!) loves it when he gets any kind of jersey, sweater etc on. He's cold-blooded by nature, being he's the smooth coat. So he'd LIVE in ANYTHING that'll help him stay warm.

Just an FYI...Both those jerseys are actually "child's wear", bought at JC Penney for about 1/2 the price of those inflated "pet gear" stuff. ;)
  9. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,523 Messages
    1,506 Likes Received
    Sorry Idgit, My dogs have Jerseys. I guess you'll just have to give me an infraction.

:)
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,609 Messages
    5,329 Likes Received
    Am I the only one who hates Dogs in Outfits? Surely, I can't be, right?
  11. WV Cowboy

10,692 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    You are not alone.
  12. DallasCowpoke

5,377 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    There's a BIG difference in dressing your pet up like a drag-queen from a B-movie and a jersey or sweater from your favorite pro or college team.

After all, you'd appreciate a nice warm sweater or jersey too, especially if your belly were mere inches off the cold ground! :D
  13. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,867 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Right there with ya.
  14. WV Cowboy

10,692 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    No, it's the same thing. The issue is not what you put on the dog, the issue is that you are putting clothes on a dog, a canine, a carnivore, a wild animal.

Clothes
  15. DallasCowpoke

5,377 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    So, when my 18 year old, smooth-coat dachshund needs to go out and pee, and it's 40 degrees outside. I should just let him suffer, rather than take the 30-sec to put what's essentially a "horse-blanket" on him, so my loyal friend, who's done nothing but bring me joy for his entire life, doesn't suffer, because "canines" don't wear "clothes"?

Thks, but I think I'll just side w/ the bleeding heart liberals, and let my "wild animal", wear "clothes". :rolleyes:

BTW...My horses and some of my cattle, ACTUALLY have their very own domiciles, that sometimes they actually SLEEP in! You'll be relieved to know though, they're generally naked.
  16. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,051 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Well by that rational you should not have them in your house. And what about horse blankets, huh?
  17. WV Cowboy

10,692 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    You're a good man, but no longer than it takes to pee, he would be ok.

My dog is only 16-18 lbs, and in sub 20 degree weather, he sticks his nose into 6-8 inches of snow, plowing along sniffing the ground until snow packs on his nose and paws.

With a mound of snow on his nose, he looks at me like, "snow, .. what snow?"

They are built different than us. They will be fine.

If an animal is left out overnight, that could be different depending on the temperature.

(btw, .. my parents alway had dachshunds, .. great, loyal little guys. One was 32 lbs and ruled the neighborhood, never wore a coat)
  18. WV Cowboy

10,692 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Wrong, my statement has nothing to do with domesticating an animal.

By your rational, how do you know the dog is not thinking, .. "this little coat is doing nothing, I need four little booties and a hat that covers my ears too."

:laugh2:
  19. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,051 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    Haha, my wife probably believes that.
  20. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,295 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    I've got a Cowboys collar and leash for the smaller dog. I tried the jersey/t-shirt thing for game day, and they just eat them.