1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys infected with too much optimism? Jerry Jones: We're a glass half-full team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Jimmy did a good job in Miami and then decided to retire. He had nothing left to prove. Jerry is still trying to prove that he can field a contender with a team that was not built by Jimmy. Bless your heart, you love some Jerry don't you?
    TheXFactor and ufcrules1 like this.
  2. Everlastingxxx

Everlastingxxx All Star

7,209 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    First of all I don't think Jimmy was talking about fans being optimistic. What fans think or say have little effect on the teams success. He is talking about eternally. As parcels used to say, don't eat the cheese! Don't believe your own hype. It helps keep you from getting complacent and fat.
    visionary likes this.
  3. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Wow.. you really went there didn't you? You love you some Jerry and Romo don't you? haha
    dwight likes this.
  4. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,190 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    Oh so Jimmy did well in Miami? Halfway decent in the regular season and obliterated in the playoffs.

I thought that made someone a loser choker but I must be mistaken.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,946 Messages
    3,454 Likes Received
    I think Jimmy is right but I also think with some of the changes on the staff and even in Garrett this season, we could see a change in how the Cowboys respond. Right now all Jimmy has to go by is what has been the case not how things will be in the future. I think this team knows how to deal with adversity now they need to show they can deal with success.
  6. Staubacher

2,190 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    He lost his last game 62-7 to the Jaguars. Nothing left to prove lollolol

Marino retired after that and thanked everyone but Jimmy Johnson.

My point isn't, and that was clear, that Jimmy wasn't a great coach for us. I asked what he did in the NFL since and it wasn't much. So yeah it's easy to be an analyst and throw out criticism of those still in the arena.

Pretty simple point but as usual the "intellects" here make it a you're a hater, you love Jerry, kool aid blah blah
    ware1manarmy and Irvin88_4life like this.
  7. Staubacher

2,190 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    It's just not possible for you to leave Romo out of any discussion at all? He was never brought up here until once again your obsession takes over.
    ware1manarmy likes this.
  8. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,454 Likes Received
    What did you expect from a Romophobe
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    You simply come across as a fan that thinks Jerry is on the same level as Jimmy when it comes to being a football man. If you want a PR man for the team, or somebody to sell jerseys, Jerry is your man. If you want a man that has had success at every level on the game and knows how to build winning football teams, Jimmy is the choice. At no time should these two be compared unless it is under those guidelines.
    BAT, ufcrules1 and tantrix1969 like this.
  10. Doomsday101

77,946 Messages
    3,454 Likes Received
    But they did benefit each other. Even players like Aikman have said as much. Jimmy is a great coach but Jimmy never dealt with one single contract in Dallas that was the role of Jerry to deal with the players. It was also Jerry who took the criticism of firing a beloved HC in Landry to hire a college coach in Jimmy but Jerry took the heat. Cowboys success can be contributed to both men and neither did as well when the other was gone.
  11. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,392 Messages
    1,034 Likes Received
    Matters not how full the glass is or what's in it. Jerry's gonna down it and ask for a refill.
  12. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

883 Messages
    446 Likes Received
    Well Jerry did win another ring with out Jimmy. Just saying.
  13. Staubacher

2,190 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    Please frame your own arguments not mine.

I asked a simple question - what did Jimmy do in the NFL post-Dallas. And I made a simple point - easy for those no longer in the arena to criticize those who are.

That's what Jimmy is paid to do now - not coach football games or run the largest most successful sports franchise outside of Man U
  14. ufcrules1

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    Actually, I brought up Romo with regards to you because you are always cheerleating for him on here and now you are doing the same for Jerry too.
  15. Staubacher

2,190 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    Lol yeah it's my fault you brought up Romo in a thread where no one mentioned him. If it weren't for little ol me you'd never bring the guy up.

Oh, and yes - I do cheer for Romo and Jerry. I am a Cowboys fan.
    ware1manarmy likes this.
  16. ufcrules1

7,092 Messages
    1,364 Likes Received
    There is a difference between cheer and cheerlete. One of them involves pom poms...
  17. Staubacher

2,190 Messages
    1,969 Likes Received
    And one of them is spelled correctly
  18. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,677 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    I find Cowboy fans to mostly be glass half broken kind of people.
    ware1manarmy and Idgit like this.
  19. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,812 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Obviously the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
  20. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,969 Messages
    946 Likes Received
    You could have as well, maybe even two.
    tantrix1969 likes this.