1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys | Laurent Robinson could re-sign

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gryphon, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys | Laurent Robinson could re-sign
    Tue, 13 Mar 2012 17:59:24 -0700

The Dallas Cowboys might still be in the mix for the services of unrestricted free-agent WR Laurent Robinson (Cowboys), even though he was allowed to hit the open market.

0 Comments | Source: Scout.com - Aaron Wilson |

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1p39eTUcB
  2. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Word is that he really wants to stay in Dallas and will give us a chance to match any offer. He even said "I would really like to spend the rest of my career in Dallas" or something to that affect.
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,463 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    He fits in well with the Cowboys. He could actually be average somewhere else, so I hope we can keep him.
  4. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,647 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    ogletree and holley are free agents right? man we are thin after the top2
  5. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,864 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Don't believe you'll see Robinson in a cowboy uniform
  6. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,483 Messages
    1,640 Likes Received
    Of course he could. How is this news?
  7. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Hogwash. Something tells me he wants to stay here. We made him who he is by incorporating him into our offense. I sniff another short-term deal here. He'll be Romo's out next year too.
  8. dwight

dwight Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Dallas really needs Robinson back.
  9. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

5,043 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Ogletree really took a step backward. I'd let him go and sign somebody else...

I'll say it (yes call me a homer): Johnnie Lee Higgins is available.
  10. Smashin222

Smashin222 Member

554 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    the premise is silly -- didn't he have to hit the open market because we signed him after the season started?
  11. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Free agent Laurent Robinson remains hopeful of re-signing with the Cowboys, but says his free agency choice will be a "business decision."

As the one time journeyman should do, he's following the money. "I love it in Dallas and I had great success here last year," Robinson said. "I'm going to feel them out and see what's going on. It's a business decision, and if it's here, it's here. If it's not, it's not." With the free agent receiver market rapidly thinning, Robinson is going to get priced out of the Cowboys' range.

Source: Dallas Morning News Mar 13 - 9:40 PM
  12. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,107 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    Childhood dreams, favorite teams, favorable situations all go out the door when the $$$ starts to talk.

Sad but true. Also understandable but still true.
  13. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,864 Messages
    610 Likes Received

oh, something tells you, now what would that be......Jerry talked up a receiver from the practice squad a couple of weeks ago, dumb as that may be from the idiot GM... if dallas wanted Robinson back, they had first crack at him when free agency started, now you're buying into the lip service in the media that the cowboys want to talk to him now when he's on a plane to Jacksonville and has scheduled other interviews with other teams.....I like Robinson, rather have him than Dez, atleast he's shown that he can learn the playbook in weeks instead of years, as in Dez's case, but the fact is, football is a business, and I'm looking at as he must be looking at the situation, Robinson has to strike when the iron is hot, and he's not going to be any hotter than he is right now, he may not get another chance at a big contract, and other teams will offer more than the cowboys want to spend to keep a number three receiver, but I guess you seem to think since he said all the right things as in, he likes it here and would like to stay here in dallas that somehow he's going to take less money to do so...trust me, he is NOT!!!
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....he'll do something stupid like take a bunch of money from a dog crap organization like Jville.......whatever Lrob...if you think Gabbert or whatever his name is can get you the ball like romo, then go for it: get SO sick of these guys and their "business decisions".........allrighty then, go to it.
  15. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys | Laurent Robinson hopes to be back
    Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:52:52 -0700

Updating a previous report, free-agent WR Laurent Robinson (Cowboys) said Tuesday, March 13, that he would love to return to the Dallas Cowboys next season. "I love it in Dallas and I had great success here last year," Robinson said. "I'm going to feel them out and see what's going on. It's a business decision, and if it's here, it's here. If it's not, it's not." Team officials have said over the past few months they want to re-sign Robinson, but the team might not be able to afford getting into a bidding war for what would be their third receiver.

0 Comments | Source: The Dallas Morning News - Brandon George |

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1p3J90dEd
  16. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,383 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    I hope he's back, but we could be priced out, at least it's Jacksonville or SD not Washington
  17. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,656 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Albert Breer ‏ @AlbertBreer Reply Retweet Favorite ยท Open
    Jacksonville looks like the leader for Robinson now, since he's physically there. Assumption with Lloyd has been New England
  18. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I think he's gone...but atleast he will remember the success he had here...you're welcome Laurant for the Cowboys getting you your big contract
  19. lane

lane The Chairman

11,023 Messages
    883 Likes Received
    i guess it's true that jerry loves andre holmes..