1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys Mailbox: Can the Cowboys contain the Eagle's rushing game?

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by CCBoy, Oct 27, 2011.

1. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    The Eagles are the No. 1 rushing offense in the NFL and the Cowboys are the No. 1 rushing defense. Can the Cowboys contain them?

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mailbag.cfm?id=424664AE-AAF7-759E-02B94B6746BFD586

Jung Yi - Orange, CA: ith LeSean McCoy and Michael Vick, the Eagles are the No. 1 rushing offense in the NFL and the Cowboys are the No. 1 rushing defense. Can the Cowboys contain them?

Nick: Great question and it'll probably be the difference in the game. I'm starting to think McCoy should be mentioned when talking about the NFL's best backs. He really does it all, and I'm sure Vick's running ability helps provide some room for McCoy, and probably vice versa. I think getting Jason Hatcher back this week will help the Cowboys' run defense. The key to me will be what happens on first down. If the Eagles can keep the down-and-distance manageable and prevent third-and-long situations, they will be much more effective.

Rob: It's a great matchup. Last year they did half the job, limiting Vick to 16 rushing yards. But McCoy rushed for 149, and DeSean Jackson had 210 yards on only four catches. Stopping Vick is important, but I don't think they can get away with loading the box every play. They can't allow Jackson and Jeremy Maclin to gash them downfield....
  2. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    This was Rob Ryan's pre-season comment:

"I don't know if we win the all-hype team," Ryan said. "I think that might have gone to somebody else, but we're going to beat their *** when we play them.":eagles:
  3. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,675 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I think the Eagles are in for a surprise. The Cowboys are a much improved team over last year's split. Kitna was good in a 30 - 27 loss, but McGee won the last game in Philly.

I think the Cowboys get a break here by playing on the road. They seem to play a little harder in front of a hostile crowd. This is also a must-win for the Eagles. If they lose and go to 2-5, their play-off chances are just about over. This will force their hand if they fall behind.

I think Austin has a big game, with Bryant drawing double coverage. Witten over the middle will be potent also.
  4. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    331 Likes Received
    The question should be, "Can the eagles contain the Cowboy's rushing attack?"
  5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,252 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Is part of the #1 'rushing attack' attributed to Vicks runs? If so.....good. Ware has always had his number.
  6. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,978 Messages
    988 Likes Received
    McCoy has been everything I imagined Felix would be this year, hopefully we can contain him, Lee and Ratliff need to bring their A game.
  7. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

16,922 Messages
    1,229 Likes Received
    With a little more time to adjust to packages, Carter and Lee could well be a solution to the 'Vick' problems. Then turn the heat up on him in the pocket, with a good dose of Hatcher, Ratliff, Ware, and Spencer.