1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys noticed Steelers fans, but say it didn't bother them...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Dec 17, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,890 Messages
    3,837 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

You couldn’t miss the Steelers fans at Cowboys Stadium. They walked in like they owned the place.

But the Cowboys credited their fans with neutralizing the effect of the towel-waving crowd from Pittsburgh.

“We knew they were going to travel well, but I think our fans did a good job of kind of challenging that,” tight end Jason Witten said. “Our fans stepped up when we needed them most.”

Quarterback Tony Romo said he assumed the Steelers fans had this game circled on their calendars.

“We always understand that they are going to come to this game ready to go,” he said. “But it didn’t affect us tremendously. Our crowd did a great job today.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...them-spears-made-it-a-little-bit-sweeter.html
  2. ManicDepressiveMan

ManicDepressiveMan Member

753 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You guys in that area down there are hands down the worst Cowboys fans I've ever seen or barely heard.

The national Cowboys fan base is far superior and most would love to be yelling their voices out when you sit on your hands.

Or shutting the hell up when the Cowboys are on offense.

Or NOT selling your ticket to the highest bidding visiting fan.
  3. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,104 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Are you a season ticket holder?
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,834 Messages
    334 Likes Received
  5. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,559 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Don't know how many steeler fans there actually were in our stadium, ... but I heard they were pretty quiet as they were leaving.

Probably not what they had in mind when they came to Cowboys Stadium.

They may not like our new Stadium since they have lost both games there.
    :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao:

Their stadium emptied early last week against the Chargers.

They scurry in like yellow cockroaches, and then leave quiet like a mouse.

I work with a ton of the yellow cockroaches, .. haven't heard a single word all day.

They have been very polite and left me alone today, .. as I surf every article that starts with "Cowboys top Steelers in OT" !!
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,990 Messages
    435 Likes Received
  7. UppityCracker2

UppityCracker2 Member

619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I completely agree. I don't understand why it seems we never have a home field advantage. It is a disgrace that the Steelers fans can come in and make it a Steelers home game.
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,512 Messages
    455 Likes Received
    We just went to Cincinatti and had what seemed like home field advantage the week before. Cowboy fans outnumber Cardinal fans when the Cowboys play in AZ. Nothing to get upset about. I can't blame someone for making some money selling the ticket to the highest bidder whoever it may be.
  9. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,221 Messages
    763 Likes Received
    Agree completely. Nobody is actively seeking out Steeler fans when they put it on Stub Hub or the Ticket Exchange. If you couldn't use some extra cash around the holidays "more power to you" but I see nothing wrong with it.
  10. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

12,871 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Agreed. We were loud in cinci.

I'd probably get kicked out of dallas stadium for cheering.
  11. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The crowd this year has been stellar. Blame Jerry Jones for dividing the stadium by income.