1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Preseason Leaders In Points Against

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sitting Bull, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Sitting Bull

Sitting Bull Active Member

1,433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sorry if repost, just noticed that unless Detroit pitches a shutout tomorrow night, Dallas will have the preseason-lowest 32 "points against" after three games.

I know, I know, it's the preaseason; our first team D and our opponents' first team O are typically playing less than half the game; there is no offensive gameplanning and teams aren't showing anything.

But for a team installing a new base D, missing two key contributors on the line and counting heavilly on a number of new starters, we're doing pretty well, I think. Can't wait to add Fergie and Spears to the rotation and turn Roy loose on the Chargers when it counts in two weeks...
  2. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    Considering we are playing in a new defense without the 2 supposed lynchpins that made the switch possible I guess I'd have to say that is impressive, even telling. Couple that with Reality's stats about holding offenses to their lowest preseason game totals and I think it does suggest we are playing well ont hat side of the ball.
  3. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,927 Messages
    1,456 Likes Received
    With the Rams' offense averaging 19 points and the Lions' defense allowing an average of 10 points during their first two games, it's a safe bet.
  4. parcellsguys

parcellsguys New Member

190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nice job pointing that out. I hope this is the same at the end of the season.
  5. Gent

Gent New Member

115 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If it weren't for special teams gaffs, it would've been a shutout last night.

-Gent
  6. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received