1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Pro-Bowl Nods

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Denim Chicken, Nov 16, 2012.

1. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,070 Messages
    382 Likes Received
    They need to get rid of the pro bowl its lame. They dont even try its a game for fun. Itd be awesome if they tried but they dont so it needs to go. Why would you watch it?
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  3. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,008 Messages
    1,009 Likes Received
    No one. To hell with individual awards.
  4. Proximo

Proximo Well-Known Member

1,101 Messages
    750 Likes Received
    I'm not sure how many people watch it, but I think there's more interest surrounding who gets selected vs the actual quality of the game itself.

I'd be content if they did away with the game but still had some way of recognizing the players that would go.
  5. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    NO WAY Cater makes it... COme on now...
  6. dez_for_prez

dez_for_prez Active Member

1,044 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    I think he has the talent to get there, he just hasn't been doing it long enough and most people still don't know who he is. They say you make the Probowl a year after you should have and stay one more year then you should have.

The Probowl is a joke anyway. I would love to see a skills competition though. Qbs throwing at moving targets, some kind of obstacle course for WR and RB. Kickers play a game of Horse.
  7. cowboy13

cowboy13 New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought they were doing away with that worthless game anyway.
  8. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sean Lee and Bruce Carter are both future pro bowlers. We have one heck of a LB corp.
  9. CopenhagenCowboy

CopenhagenCowboy Active Member

921 Messages
    88 Likes Received
    I wouldn't even watch it if they tried.
  10. lwehlers

lwehlers Well-Known Member

1,113 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    they are the only guys that will make the pro bowl reguardless what happens the rest of the season. they are the only guys playing at a pro bowl level.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,490 Likes Received
    When talking about Pro Bowl players on the Cowboys roster the real conversation always starts after Ware and Witten.
  12. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    None, none of them deserve it....you can send a stern message by not having 1 dallas cowboy in the pro-bowl this year
  13. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,463 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    Only 2 TEs can make it and Witten is gonna have a hard time getting in over Gonzalez and Jimmy Graham.

Ware is probably the only one that makes it this year.
  14. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,722 Messages
    1,584 Likes Received
    Probably.

Gonzalez will likely be the starter and Graham is tracking for 1000+ yards and 14 TDs.

Witten is having another good Witten year but it might be tough this year.
  15. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Possibly, but Witten has more receptions than both of those guys and almost as many yards as Gonzo (who leads all TEs). If he gets a few more TDs, he's in the conversation.
  16. jason54858

jason54858 Gloomy Sunday

2,121 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Even if they did get rid of the game itself, the selection process would still take place I would think.
  17. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

19,789 Messages
    817 Likes Received
    I love AdamJT13 and the wealth of information and insight he provides - second to none.

But I'll remind you that Adam also used stats and analysis to defend Roy Williams (the safety) when many posters criticized him as being a liability in the passing game.

Many posters applauded Adam and echoed him in defense of Roy Williams. Well, Roy Williams was dumped because ... he was a liability in the passing game and could no longer evolve with the NFL game.

So I said all that to say, as knowledgeable as Adam is, he's not infalliable. Ware is one of the premier sack masters in the game. But that doesn't mean he doesn't disappear down the stretch. And for a player being compared to the great LT, then, no, he shouldn't be disappearing at critical moments in the game.
  18. tyke1doe

19,789 Messages
    817 Likes Received

What has Jimmy Graham done this year? :confused:
  19. Dodger

Dodger Indomitable

4,211 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    7 TDs....second in the league among TEs to Gronk's 8.
  20. tyke1doe

19,789 Messages
    817 Likes Received
    Oh? :)

Maybe I just haven't noticed because Graham had been injured and the Saints weren't doing as well, even though they're making a comeback.