1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys QB can flat-out play

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Doomsday101, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    If you're still bashing Tony Romo, it's time to wake up. Convert from CDs to iTunes and get rid of your satellite dish. Romo bashing is similar to a cockroach. It just won't die. Oh, and by the way, it's wholly unwarranted. Romo is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL, period. End of story.

You really only need to see one play to understand the quality of Romo's game. Against the Redskins on Monday night, with the Cowboys down by one and facing third-and-21,the Dallas quarterback made a streetball play, telling Dez Bryant where to go on the fly, and then hitting him with a perfect strike. It's a play five quarterbacks in the league make. It was Roethlisberger-esque.

Oh, and that's two come-from-behind wins engineered by a player with broken ribs. Thought that might deserve some mention somewhere.

Hard to argue Romo's not elite, especially when looking at those YPA stats to the right. Ben Roethlisberger is known for winning in the playoffs, something Romo has only done once. Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers haven't had much playoff success, yet they sure get off scot-free, especially Ryan. Dude, you can't even criticize any facet of Ryan's game on NFL.com without getting serious nasty 'grams. It's always, "Well, Ryan's O-line has been bad," or "He's only in his fourth year."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...mo-cowboys-qb-can-flatout-play?module=HP11_cp
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,905 Messages
    1,885 Likes Received
    People will still hate....sad thing they have no clue...
  3. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,792 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    No he can't play its already been proven.:rolleyes:
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    Won't matter he'll still have folks who say he can't play. Should he ever lead Dallas to a Superbowl Championship (and I believe he will) there will be people saying they won in spite of him and giving the credit somewhere else.
  5. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    It will be a lot fewer once he does. :D
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    gonna hate. He didn't win me ALL the way over until the 49er game. Not proud to admit it, but it's true. Dude is nails, and I give him much more slack now...the pick against the skins was something I would have been pissed about pre 49er game....now? Well, he had someone in his face, no one was open and he did the smart thing: live to play another down.

Would I have like him to heave it 10-20 yards further? Sure, but with his rib there was no way he could. Dude has arrived and IF we can keep him upright should be around and real effective for another 3-5 years. That said, I'm looking at 2013 as the season this team can go all the way if GBAy and Detroit cool off. Better oline by then, and hopefully Rob ryan will still be in Big D'. (long shot I know):starspin
  7. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,906 Likes Received
    Until someone is the league office says we are out of the running I will not write this season off. I don't see us as odds on favorite but my gosh seeing teams like the Cards make it to the SB, tells me if you get to the post season and playing good ball at that point you have a chance.

Really not even thinking 2012 or 2013, just 2011