1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys QB wonderlic scores

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 11, 2014.

1. theSHOW

theSHOW Benched

3,490 Messages
    1,146 Likes Received
    Too bad. We all know a drug addict. Waste of life and at some point it is out of their control.
    Wheeltax, BigStar and casmith07 like this.
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,002 Messages
    5,037 Likes Received
    I hate the Wonderlic test.
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,448 Messages
    369 Likes Received
    Yes. It may still be a banned substance in the NFL though....they're a little slow on the uptake.
  4. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,619 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    articulation has
    Yeah. Quincy just had an extremely fat tongue, but some ones inability to annunciate well does not mean there brain does not work well.
  5. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Quincy sucked, and he'd have sucked if he'd gotten a 50 on the Wonderlic.

And there were many rumors of him doing plenty of coke at Georgia. Don't think a little MJ was his only issue.
    lostar2009 likes this.
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,015 Messages
    9,097 Likes Received
    It just shows the Wonderlic doesn't measure intelligence if that Melvin could score a 30. He was answer the iron stupid.
    Venger likes this.
  7. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,371 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    Looks like a "15" will get you a Hall of Fame career and millions as an analyst. ;)
    casmith07 likes this.
  8. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,571 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    The Wonderlic is just one measure of focused intelligence. Just one. Troy was just a better football player. A difference of one point doesn't mean Quincy was smarter. It means he scored better on the test, but their scores were comparable. Troy obviously applied himself better. This to me means that Quincy had the brains to apply himself, but didn't. Probably another "athletic" guy who thought that his physical tools could overcome hard work.
    daveferr33 likes this.
  9. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

997 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Quincy's biggest problem was that he couldn't even throw a spiral half the time. To make matters worse he wasn't really a very good running QB either.
  10. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,444 Messages
    341 Likes Received
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  11. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,039 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Kinda undercutting your point there: If they were smart, they wouldn't be downloading stuff off of iTunes in the first place.....
    Wheeltax likes this.
  12. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,475 Messages
    403 Likes Received
    If I put 500 Quincy Carters in a room randomly answering Wonderlic tests 24 hours per day, the heat death of the universe would arrive before that clown scored a 30.
    SWG9, Wheeltax and Super_Kazuya like this.
  13. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Have you seen example Wonderlic questions before? That test is a joke, I would not put much into Wonderlic results.

https://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

It's basic things you should be able to answer by the time you are a freshman in high school.
  14. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,967 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    I will never understand how Mo Claiborne scored a 4 on this test... A 4!
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    Quincy Carter - High Wonderlich score, couldn't throw a spiral to save his life.

History will always be rewritten about that period because of him. He was nothing but a back-up. The best of a crop of quarterbacks that should never have taken the field. And a lightning rod which divided the team's fans because hope overrules what you are seeing on the field.

I will never forget Dale relating the story here about the route trees and Bruce Coslet introducing new additions to those. Quincy could not get it and begged Galloway and the rest of the receivers to just run the routes they normally did and not the new reads added.

During practice Coslet came down on the receivers not doing it correctly.

Carter never said a word that he had them do it the old way. He through them under the bus.

Emmitt and Galloway met him after practice and tore him a new one.

The very next game Carter threw four picks and was benched for Hutch. It was the Az game in 2002. You may remember Carter arguing vehemently with Jerry Jones on the sidelines.

Dale - a famous poster and mod here - was doing an internship with Spagnola and the team and knew this first hand.

No matter what, that soured me on Quincy, whom I defended when he was picked and up until that episode.

Character means something. Quincy was lacking and thus relied on drugs to prop up his flagging ego.
  16. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,153 Likes Received
    I have often wondered why the NFL doesn't abandon the Wonderlich for a test that assesses football smarts instead.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That test is not a joke. With the timing requirements it requires very fast cognitive and analytical skills. You have to be able to digest the information quickly and come up with the right answer.

It's why it's important for quarterbacks, IMO. Reading defenses, learning offenses, and digesting a lot of information very quickly.
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    He didn't even do it. He just handed it in because he knew he was going top 10 regardless.
  19. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,493 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    You forgot Drunk.
  20. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,309 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    Man. Yes you are right. How could I forget the best part!