1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys Return To Practice With Jenkins, Other Practice Tweets

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Nov 28, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Don't see Miles Austin. Jerry said Friday he was a maybe for Arizona.
  2. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    espn_macmahonTim MacMahon
    Mike Jenkins is stretching and will participate in walkthrough. Miles Austin is not out here.

25 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
    robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Doesn't look like he's gonna participate.

26 minutes ago

Tony Fiammetta is watching practice. That has not been the case since his mystery illness hit.
  3. LandryFan

LandryFan Well-Known Member

2,086 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Don't know how to post the link, but on the Cowboys website there was an Ellis tweet that stated that Jenkins was at this mornings walkthrough, Austin was not, and that Fiametta was at practice seen talking with the trainer. That was the first Fiametta sighting in a couple of weeks. One can hope for miracles, right!? Also sounded like Austin would not partipate this week...didn't understand if they meant participate in practice, the game, or both. My guess is that if he doesn't practice, he won't play. I hope it's more of just being overly cautious and making sure he's 100% by the NYG game than him not ready for action.
  4. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,694 Messages
    1,568 Likes Received
    Yeah I just saw that on twitter. I hope this is some type of progress for Fiammetta, glad to see Jenkins back. Austin should give it another couple of weeks.
  5. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    calvinwatkinsCalvin Watkins
    Tony fiammetta was on stationary bike in weight room and he's a spectator at practice.

31 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
    robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Tony Fiammetta is at practice, talking with head athletic trainer Jim Mauer. First time we've seen him in a couple weeks.

31 minutes ago
    Mike Jenkins is at practice today. It's a walkthrough. No helmets.

32 minutes ago
    robphillips3Rob Phillips
    Looks like Mike Jenkins is going to participate in the Monday walkthrough. Extra practice for this week.
  6. LandryFan

2,086 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Mods, delete if you want...just saw the same info posted on the News Zone. Musty have been posted while I was typing this one.
  7. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,933 Messages
    998 Likes Received
    As someone who never visits the News Zone, I feel I'm probably missing a good bit of info like this.
  8. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Cowboys Return To Practice With Jenkins

Posted by nickeatman at 11/28/2011 11:19 AM CST on dallascowboys.com

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/n...com&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    The Cowboys returned to the practice field after a three-day break following last Thursday’s Thanksgiving win.

Among those practicing included cornerback Mike Jenkins, who has four straight games with a hamstring injury he sustained Oct. 30 in Philadelphia. Jenkins is expected to play this week in Arizona and resume his starting duties at right cornerback.
  9. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    There was some good news on the injury front as fullback Tony Fiammetta made an appearance on the practice fields wearing a sweatsuit and a knit cap. Fiammetta hasn't played the last two games with an undisclosed illness.

Fiammetta was in the Cowboys weight room riding a stationary bike, which is a good sign toward his recovery. Fiammetta was getting sick when he was working out and Monday's events could lead to a return in the coming weeks.

Also missing the session were Gerald Sensabaugh (foot), Jon Kitna (back) and Josh Brent (knee).
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
  10. LandryFan

2,086 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    A mere appearance doesn't excite me, but if he was actually on the bike that could be a good sign. Still not getting my hopes up yet, though.
  11. LandryFan

2,086 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Lots of pretty good info is usually there, Theo. I like it because I don't have to go to 50 websites to get news articles, most of the available news is posted on that one site.
  12. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Thank you Lord!!
  13. trueblue1687

trueblue1687 Well-Known Member

1,672 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Dang, I wish Fiametta would get over his illness or whatever the heck is wrong with him. I am fearful that he is prone to concussions and it is taking longer and longer to recover from them. I think he was a big part of our success on run.
  14. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Punter mat Mcbriar said pain in foot is gone but there is still discomfort. He might hold some this week for Dan Bailey in practice
  15. cowboyjoe

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Mat McBriar noted that Arizona's Patrick Peterson looked a little tired after his 4th TD return this season, suggested he take a week off.
  16. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  17. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,352 Messages
    385 Likes Received

If McBriar doesn't get a little more air on his punts, Peterson could win the game by himself.
  18. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    At this point I don't want Austin playing unless he has practiced all week. Robinson and Romo have a good thing going and while it's obvious Miles will take back his role on the team when healed I don't think he should until he is 100%.
  19. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Just so long as he is completely recovered. One more hamstring injury will earn him a new nickname. ;)
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,288 Messages
    2,709 Likes Received
    Injury prone? Glass?

We usually reserve those for guys that get hurt once.