1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Scouts?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by kirkjrk, Jan 24, 2013.

1. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    The Blame Game is always centered around Jason or Jerry, has anyone ever mentioned the Scouts selections. Not sure how much final say, if any, they have in the actual selection of the draft pick but I would like to know what others think of their evaluations at Draft time. To me it seems that half the players selected are ones many have never heard of--McSurdy, Matt Johnson-- and these same players seem to quite often be the draft picks that never turn into anything.

So, in your eyes, are the Teams Scouts grade an A or an F or somewhere in between?
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,462 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    Overall, I think our scouting department is pretty good. They make assessments and then deliver the info to the coaches and front office, but then it's up to the higher ups to decide who they want. As for McSurdy and Johnson, not sure what you can expect from lower round draft picks who haven't had a chance to show much. You could argue that our lower rounds picks haven't produced much over the last few years, but our UDFAs have, and the scouts find those guys too.