1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys shuffle scouting staff

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,556 Messages
    5,289 Likes Received
    This thread isn't about either of you two guys. It's got a topic already, so, let's, you know, discuss that.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,610 Messages
    3,342 Likes Received
    There will be no more warnings.
  3. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,402 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Is this so Stephen can talk directly to McClay without violating the company org chart?
  4. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,029 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    No salary cap in the front office - advantage Dallas
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,492 Messages
    1,756 Likes Received
    Great post that will be largely ignored.
  6. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,402 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I appreciate Jerry being willing to compete with Microsoft and WalMart money.
  7. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,614 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    IMO, the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Our personnel "structure" is a disaster.
  8. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,614 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    It should be. I don't think it is (currently).
  9. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    A few things I found interesting about the Cowboys scouting staff. Feel free to correct me if any of this is wrong as some of this is kind of difficult to find and some of it is from last year. I do think they made at least one change this year.

I didn't pay much attention to the guys that were mainly salary cap guys.

- The only guy that appears to have any experience with the OL at all is Ciscowski. He had some limited coaching experience.

- A couple members of the scouting department (Chris Hall, Bill Dekraker, Mitch LaPoint, Alex Loomis and Justin Stuckey) don't seem to have any playing or coaching experience

- The scouting department, as a whole, seems to have a stronger background with the secondary, linebackers and running backs. This includes coaching and playing. Personally, I feel these are areas the teams drafts better than other positions (at least CB, maybe not S).

- I took a cursory look at the 49ers and Ravens staffs. The Ravens, in particular, seemed to have mainly guys with playing and coaching backgrounds. They had a lot of secondary and OL backgrounds....not a lot of QB or WR experience....two areas where they've struggled in scouting. Niners had a lot of OL experience, but limited WR experience....an area where they have struggled.

Pretty informal, but interesting to look at. If I have more time, I might do something a little more formal.
  10. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Hmm, I don't know that they really take advantage of it.

They don't really seem to have any more people in their front office than anyone else in the league.
    Rock423 likes this.
  11. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,904 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    With the two guys at the head of the personnel tree of the organization, it's as if they are operating with less.