1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys sign TE Dante Rosario

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Bware_Dware

Bware_Dware Member

112 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    Nope, 5 WR, 4 TE, 3 RB and adding 14 more cheerleaders
  2. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,351 Messages
    1,334 Likes Received
    With our injury history at WR, I don't see them carrying only four. At minimum, I predict Dez, Miles, Williams, Harris and Beasley with a possible 6th making the team, most likely Coale.
  3. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,032 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    5 is possible. I'd say 6 is a longshot. 4 deep at TE means 4-5 deep at WR IMO. Especially with them now being married to the 12 personnel group.
  4. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

565 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    He's not very good, I watched a lot of Panthers games.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Now we can run 4TE sets?

Can he play guard?
  6. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,604 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    Doubt they only keep 4. I think one of the reasons NE only keeps 4, besides using Hernandez basically as a WR, is that they're about as good as evaluating WR's as we are with OL. Depends on how training camp goes. Guys get hurt. Even if they don't, they could go with 2 QB's, 3 RB's, 4/5 TE's, 5/6 WR's, and 10 OL. Gives them 25 on offense for the roster, which is typical.
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,604 Messages
    627 Likes Received
    Perhaps, but he hasn't played for Carolina for 3 years.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I actually kind of like the idea. You put Murray in the backfield and you go 4 TEs and force them to put in LBs to matchup size-wise against the run. Then you split out Hanna and Escobar wide and put Witten in the slot and leave the 4th guy inline to block.

It'd be interesting to try since teams would be forced to go with very large or risk getting worked in the running game.

Having said that I do think the mismatches are more extreme in the 13 personnel with Dez out there drawing the mandatory double team with him.
  9. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

19,919 Messages
    584 Likes Received
  10. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,999 Messages
    2,563 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

34,999 Messages
    2,563 Likes Received
    [IMG]

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10598/dante-rosario

www.nfl.com/player/danterosario/2495724/profile

We may not have an F/H back and that may be what they are looking for. Of course we haven't seen how Hanna or Escobar would do in that role. I can see Hanna doing it but not so sure about Escobar.

Unless we can find an effective FB who can block, run and catch the ball without falling down then I'd prefer a TE do that job.

Edit: sorry. not sure why the image won't translate to the site but you can always go there.