1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys signed DT Terrell McClain

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Mar 12, 2014.

1. boysfanindc

boysfanindc Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,925 Messages
    306 Likes Received
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,618 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,556 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,696 Messages
    2,359 Likes Received
    It was more than a couple of times that led to his release, but if you want to pretend his work ethic is top notch and he just overslept occasionally, I am not going to spoil it for you
  5. Alexander

24,618 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
    It is pretty insulting in a way. Sign nondescript backup. Immediately better than a player that each and every team mouthpiece has held up as a shining example of the Marinelli Effect.
  6. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,556 Messages
    1,820 Likes Received
    We need to let the process play out be fore we criticize the plan.
  7. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Yeah, but it's better than 50-50.

It's like 70-30.
  8. boysfanindc

2,925 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Depends on what you believe the plan is for McClain, unfortunately Hayden was forced to start last year. But I would say he would be/was great value for a rotational DT, if in fact McClain is a better player and the plan is to use him as a non starter, rotational player (for low $'s). Then seems to make sense, especially if he has some upside for the low dollars I bet he got.

I know we want all the answers day one of free agency, but we have a long way to go before starters are determined. Now if he is the day one starter (which would be shocking) then I too would not be happy.
  9. Alexander

24,618 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
    I do not think you have to worry about that. But do prepare for some unknown UDFA outplaying him in camp and then there is a subdued hush as they quietly try to get rid of him. Think of Brodney Pool.
  10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    Well, the issue is that your quarterback is at or near the end of his window. I could deal with rebuilding the line if that were not the case. Now, by the time we get a new DLine, our qb probably is going to be too old. Which means that our very solid base of talent around the fourth year in the league (Dez, Lee, Murray, etc.) is going to have their prime wasted.
  11. Alexander

24,618 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
    Oh just stop being a negative Nelly and assume the sky is falling.

Our QB can play for three more years, easy. You'll see.
  12. boysfanindc

2,925 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    Pool was mentally done with football, pushing 30, failed his first conditioning test and cost us a $100K to take a look at, McClain is 25/26 and I am sure did not get much guaranteed money. For the type of dollars I bet he got if he turns out as a good rotational player, money well spent. If he shows upside so much the better.

If we are planning on him now being day one starter I would be concerned greatly, if not good depth move.
  13. boysfanindc

2,925 Messages
    306 Likes Received
    I must have missed it, did someone already announce what are day 1 starting d-line was going to be? If not I will wait until free agency is done and draft is done and camp is done before deciding what we have is good enough
    Kaiser likes this.
  14. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,671 Messages
    169 Likes Received

Marinelli has had his eyes on him for a while I guess
  15. Alexander

24,618 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
    No, it was undoubtedly a Pro Day he was directed to go to.

The likely recollection was that "I recognize him". It is not like he has not been cut several times over the past few years for Marinelli to have an opportunity to snatch up such an unharvested gem.
    Common Sense and cowboyschmps3 like this.
  16. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,671 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    Yeah seemed like the pro day but looks like he had those two specifically going through drills but who knows we have too wait and see what Marinelli says about him, and what the plans are going ahead.
  17. Alexander

24,618 Messages
    4,890 Likes Received
    I am sure he will have a catchy nickname for him in no time.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  18. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,137 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Dude, what is your deal? Lol

You literally bash everything...and the sad thing is you are everywhere on this godforsaken forum.
    cowboyschmps3 and Little Jr like this.
  19. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received

Just guessing it will be very positive.
  20. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,729 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    Lol I love the negativity here. Most people don't but I actually do. It makes feel better about myself. Between a fb group I'm in and my friends I'm the most negative person. I try to tell them really I'm not and they should come here to see what negativity really looks like. Lol there are some here that I'm convinced if we won 3 straight super bowls they would find something to ***** about lol