1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys take chance on Brian Price

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 31, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Cowboys take chance on Brian Price

December, 31, 2012
    Dec 31

5:50

PM CT
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704184/cowboys-take-chance-on-brian-price
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys have signed 10 players to futures contracts, including former second-round pick Brian Price, who was out of football this year.

Price, a defensive tackle, was the 35th overall pick by Tampa Bay in 2010 but his career has been stalled by injury and misfortune. He needed radical pelvis surgeries after his rookie year to keep his hamstrings attached to his pelvis. His sister died last spring in a car accident, and he also reportedly had an incident with Mark Barron in a meeting room.
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys have signed 10 players to futures contracts, including former second-round pick Brian Price, who was out of football this year.

Price, a defensive tackle, was the 35th overall pick by Tampa Bay in 2010 but his career has been stalled by injury and misfortune. He needed radical pelvis surgeries after his rookie year to keep his hamstrings attached to his pelvis. His sister died last spring in a car accident, and he also reportedly had an incident with Mark Barron in a meeting room.

He started 14 games in 2011 and had three sacks. He was traded to Chicago last summer but was among the Bears’ final cuts and did not sign with another team during the year.

Price is an intriguing signing because he is still young and the Cowboys have defensive line issues coming forward with Jay Ratliff’s health and Josh Brent’s intoxication manslaughter charge.

The Cowboys also signed practice squad players cornerback Vince Agnew, wide receiver Tim Benford, defensive end Ike Igbinosun, cornerback Micah Pellerin, linebacker Brashton Satele, tight end Andre Smith and linebacker Monte Taylor to future deals. Wide receiver Danny Coale, a fifth-round pick this year, was also re-signed. He is coming back from a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4704184/cowboys-take-chance-on-brian-price
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,392 Messages
    1,261 Likes Received
    If Price could be a serviceable rotation guy it would be a nice get.
  4. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

883 Messages
    281 Likes Received
  5. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:

...........SOUNDS LIKE A WINNER....I MEAN WIENER......thanks jerrah, if you didn't sign horrible deals with over the hill has beens like Jay Ratliff, Oscan, Free, Austin and Sensi we wouldn't be reduced to signing hot garbage like this guy.
  6. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,864 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    One day into the offseason and we have shored up our defensive tackle woes. ;)
  7. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One of the cancers that Schianno cleaned out of Buccaneers. Doesn't seem like a RKG.
  8. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,645 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    well we are making moves. We aren't sitting on our hands but there is still moves that need to be made

Find a real OC?
    Get some good Olineman?
    Passrushers?
    safeties?
    Special teams coach?
  9. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,481 Messages
    833 Likes Received
    Interesting signing. He's had a tough few years in the league.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,276 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received
    I don't know him, and I don't mind him signing up. Now is the time to start kicking the rocks, looking for players that are hungry.
  11. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Can you or anyone tell me what we have to lose by taking a flyer that in the end will cost so little money but might have some potential?

Look, I think Jerry has made some boneheaded moves but let's wait until the ink is dry on the paper before we start calling people garbage, Okay?
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,463 Messages
    8,354 Likes Received
    I remember him well. He was a highly thought of prospect from UCLA.

I found this a little amusing on his wiki page....

During Week 13 of the 2011 NFL season, against the Carolina Panthers, Price shoved Panthers guard Mackenzy Bernadeau well after the end of a third-quarter play in which Cam Newton was sacked for a four-yard loss. Price was penalized for unnecessary roughness. The sack would have forced the Panthers into a 3rd-and-14 situation. However, the resulting 15-yard penalty gave the Panthers a first down, allowing them to complete a touchdown drive that put the game out of reach (the Panthers won 38-19). Buccaneers coach Raheem Morris was so incensed that he banished Price from the sideline for the rest of the game.[7] The move drew comparisons to then San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Singletary banishing Vernon Davis from the sideline after a personal foul in 2008.[8] Price was also reported to have had an altercation with teammate Mark Barron during a team meeting in 2012.
  13. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,673 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I was hoping we would get him see if he could turn it around
  14. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,276 Messages
    1,558 Likes Received

Thanks Risen...

It sounds like he has a little "dog" in him. And the defense could use some of that.

If he can get with a good program, maybe he will have a chance to redeem himself. Or, he could be a camp body.

Oh, and if I were him, I would have b-slapped Mark Barron, too! :mad:
  15. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I love this move! Great guy that had a really bad year. If healthy Price will be a steal.
  16. Bluefin

Bluefin Well-Known Member

3,029 Messages
    153 Likes Received
  17. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    He'll fit right in!!

Except he won't be banished from our sideline for doing stupid stuff.
  18. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    These are what you call right kind of guys? I've seen enough of these types of players here before. They don't last.

I'll wait it out and see, but it seems as if he already has a bad name for himself.
  19. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,670 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Exactly!!!
  20. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Championship!