1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys to perform *optional* conditioning tests on Monday...details Post #22

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 18, 2014.

1. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,461 Messages
    2,305 Likes Received
    The management of the Cowboys called out to Vegas to set a line in hopes of filling the Death Star fans watching with instant video piped in from training camp as the betting windows opened for a little action. Something like when people get roosters to fight.

Vegas declined to set a line.

Jerry then resorted to the largest Tupperware party ever because Jerry Jr. assured him them gals like to sample concessions whist they purchase plastic containers.
  2. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,227 Messages
    7,055 Likes Received
    New backup quarterback Brandon Weeden explained in an interview Friday with Oklahoma City's Sports Morning on WWLS (98.1 FM and 640 AM in OKC) that tight end Jason Witten wants to know the fitness of his teammates before the flight and has called a conditioning test a day before departing from Dallas.

"[Jason] Witten thought it would be a great idea to do our conditioning tests in Dallas in 100-degree heat instead of doing that in Oxnard," Weeden said. "We give him all kinds of hell about that. So we run on Monday morning and the plane leaves for Oxnard on Tuesday. ... I'm going to head down to Dallas Sunday night and get started Monday morning."

Weeden explained what's in store for the team in its planned running drill on Monday.

"We've got a total of 20 50s [yards] timed," Weeden said. "The skill positions have 8 seconds to run 60 yards, we've got 7 seconds to run 50 yards and the big guys have 6 seconds to run 40 yards, so it's a pretty good sprint. So 10 of those with a three minute-break and 10 more."

More: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...r-dallas-cowboys-fitness-test-temperature.ece
    LatinMind likes this.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    5,904 Likes Received
    He'll have to fly in and stay in a Hotel starting Sunday and then stay until they fly out on Wednesday. I wouldn't blame him if he didn't make it, but I can see the media making a big story out of it.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,173 Messages
    2,346 Likes Received
    Funny how we all worry about this test.

Shouldn't a professional football player be able to pass a conditioning test without getting hurt?
    Teague31 likes this.
  5. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Seriously. I was betting on Johnson pulling a hammy and failing the test. :p
  6. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

713 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Some where Larry Allen is laughing
    Howboutdemcowboys31 likes this.
  7. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

314 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    Guys get hurt in the conditioning test every year. I'll be holding my breath lol.
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,423 Likes Received
    maybe by then it will be back up to around 100, but it was 70* earlier today here north of dallas.
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    You'd hope a vet to reaches out to the guy and invites him to stay at his house. If I'm Garrett I maybe put that in Sean Lee's ear.
  10. conner01

conner01 Well-Known Member

2,892 Messages
    389 Likes Received
    witten is a huge part of the team. thats what leaders do. they make everyone else better by pushing them.if someone pulss a hammy would it really matter if it was monday or the first day of camp. i don't see any difference. if they can't pass the teast then they know what they need to do to get ready
    Sportsbabe likes this.
  11. DuDa

DuDa Well-Known Member

503 Messages
    270 Likes Received
    3 minutes of rest in between each one...no problem.
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,993 Messages
    7,735 Likes Received
    Each set of 10. That's a fairly significant HIIT workout given the time constraints. Not something anybody has any place failing, though.

I wonder if the idea is that people have to finish the test before being allowed to get on the plane to California?
    Picksix likes this.
  13. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,997 Messages
    2,024 Likes Received
    Im not saying its a bad thing. I just dont see what the point is doing it monday if theyre leaving tuesday. Its not like theyre going to dramatically get into propper condition if they fail over night. If it was about getting people on track if they arent, it wouldve been better to do this atleast a week ago. Not the day before.
  14. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,616 Messages
    742 Likes Received
    Romo

He's fat and old

And probably Weeden.

Because he's old.
    Alexander likes this.
  15. waving monkey

waving monkey Well-Known Member

2,403 Messages
    953 Likes Received
    will he even show?
  16. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

1,944 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Like xwalker said, he would have to fly into Dallas for the pre-test. It would say a lot about his desire to make the team and play football again, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he just flew out to Oxnard for TC when the full squad assembles.
  17. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,445 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Do the Doctors and the training staff have restrictions on some of the players?
  18. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    So if my calculations are right for the skill position guys they run a total of .68 mile in 2 minutes 40 seconds with a 3 min break half way...
  19. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,784 Messages
    582 Likes Received
    Fingers crossed for Matt Johnson.
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  20. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,933 Messages
    476 Likes Received
    so that extrapolates out to 1.36 miles in 5 minutes 20 seconds... That's a pretty good clip for anyone.