1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys tried to trade up in first/ second round last night

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Bowdown27, May 9, 2014.

1. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    A trade up to the top of the 2nd round would erase all the feel good I have for the Martin pick at 16.

Now if it's a minor move up that costs us one of our half dozen 7th rounders, okay, but not a major move that forces us to give up something more substantial.
  2. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,117 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Follow the board.
    If they're five picks away and there's only one guy left in their highest tier, by all means look for a fair trade up.
    If it's their pick and there are five guys left in their highest tier, by all means look for a fair trade down.
    I have a lot of trust in the Cowboys' ability to build good draft boards; not so much in their ability to stick to the process.
    tideh20heel likes this.
  3. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Atlanta needs one bad. They might move up.
    Common Sense likes this.
  4. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I agree.
  5. 1LoyalCowboyFan

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I like Jeremiah (Jerry) as well. Like a lot lol worries me not many do. Think he could be the pick if all are gone. Worst case scenario Crichton should be there but he wouldn't play WDE would he?
  6. 1LoyalCowboyFan

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Lol okay so I'm not totally bonkers. Jeremiah is who I want too. But when boys didn't invite looked like no one considered him anymore.
  7. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,389 Messages
    1,785 Likes Received
    If I read correctly, out of the remaining 2nd-round prospect DLmen, the only ones we brought in for a work out are:
    1) Jernigan
    2) Crichton
    3) Ealy
    4) Lawrence
    5) Kareem Martin

There are 15 picks before us, so I think at least one of those guys will be available at 47. I think we'd be very upset if they all start to come off the board before we pick. If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd say our 2nd round pick will be one of these 5 guys.
    Irvin88_4life likes this.
  8. 1LoyalCowboyFan

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Huh wonder if it has legs
  9. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Well-Known Member

947 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    I wouldn't even mind a trade down. I agree don't trade up.
  10. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,843 Messages
    266 Likes Received
    He speculated that it is a spinal type issue or something of the sorts.
  11. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,926 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    They didn't invite Ware either.
  12. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,868 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    This...

We need 2 DL in the 2nd Round..
  13. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    NFL League Office: Thank you for calling the NFL League Office, how may I direct your call?

Caller: ~in a distinct Jerry voice~ Hello, can I speak to the draft Personnel Director for Medical?

NFL League Office: Mr. Jones, is that you?

Caller: Ohh... Auhh.... ~clears throat and changes voice to Northern Pacific speak~ Right on.... Ma'am, no this is not Mr. Jones. Can I speak to the Medical Director?

NFL League Office: One moment Jerry...........

NFL Medical Director: Mr. Jones, what can I do for you?

Caller: Hello, this is not Jerry. This is Dan Weiden, you know, the owner of Nike and buku bucks supporter of Oregon Ducks Football! Boy did you see Johnny Football last night? Man that guy can really really play! Oh, uhhh, yes, is this the Medical Director of opperations for NFL Draft Personnel?

NFL Medical Director: Yes sir Jerry, speaking.

Caller: Good, that's real good..... Auhh, yes.... auhhh.... I'm so proud to be speaking with you... and auhhh.... I wanted to just inform the League office... auhhh, boy how bout that Johnny Football? Auhhh..... I'd like to just inform you that Scotty Chichenton, that DE in the... auhhhh... in the draft coming up just here directly.... auhhh.... yes, well, we'd like to report that Scotty has some medical issues that have just come to light. Now, we understand that he's a fine young man and we'd surely like to see him have a fine career here with the Dal....... auhhh...... in the NFL but we just feel like this information on the player in question needs to be widely circulated. Can you get a press conference set up ASAP? We'd like to just inform the League Office that Scotty has some medical issue that may effect his draft status. An let me just take this opportunity to complement you and the NFL on the fine job your doing.... Scotty has a problem with his foot, leg, back. How soon can you get this out to all the other teams around the League?

NFL Medical Director: Jerry........ What are you trying to do here?

Caller: ........................................................................................ (Stephen in the background) Daddy, what are you doin? Daddy.... hang up the phone.
    1LoyalCowboyFan likes this.
  14. 1LoyalCowboyFan

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Lol
    Lol points for the elaborate imagery
  15. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,787 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Correct Idgit and there is Seferian-Jenkins, Amaro, and other TEs at play for the Falcons.
    Idgit likes this.
  16. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,692 Messages
    593 Likes Received
    What about putting Selvie on the weak side...in the preseason, there were a lot of people that thought he looked better there than he did on the strong side. Anyone agree?
  17. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

285 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    The only players worth trading up for, are Jernigan and Ealy, both have first round grades by most of analysts.
  18. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,902 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received

Exactly. There is no reason to get impatient and screw anything up.
  19. tideh20heel

tideh20heel Active Member

235 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    M
    Mickey also said before the other day had a so so senior bowl. I feel bad that those guys have to do radio shows with that clown.
  20. pancakeman

pancakeman Well-Known Member

1,939 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    If he doesn't have legs, that seems like a medical issue that would be obvious to all.
    Idgit likes this.