1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Cowboys vs Browns Post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,834 Messages
    2,045 Likes Received
    Hope.

It's the belief the Cowboys will just start playing better like the Giants did last season. Lost in all that hope is the reality that this team has never shown an ability to play at a high level.
  2. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,936 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    They're just bad enough to lose the vast majority of their games, which is exactly what they did today. They lost.
  3. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Dear Adam,

Statistically what makes something a vast majority.

Sincerely,

John Ruskin
  4. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,153 Messages
    221 Likes Received
    Jason Garrett is a game time football idiot.....period! I would absolutely hate to be in a foxhole with this guy. He cannot, in any fashion or capacity make an on-the-spot decision. He panics! His Princeton educated creditials do not, in any way, serve him well as a football coach. He is really, really ineffective. This is coming from someone who deeply supported Garrett all the way since his hiring as Head Coach was first announced. I am man enough to admit I was VERY wrong. He is one of the worst coaches the Cowboys have ever had. Better luck next time Jerry.

Coach, you have failed!
  5. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,069 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    The offensive line is horrible/and or has been decimated by injuries. Garrett can't be blamed for that. What he can be blamed for is the selection of players he puts on it, and that he takes too long to adjust to when it's obvious they aren't doing their job according to his choice of play calling. Long developing plays will fail with this offensive line without any semblance of a running game. It took a half of football for Garrett to adjust to a short/quick passing game, and that is just a little too late. He needs to start learning faster. I can give him the benefit of the doubt due to injuries, but whether it's the player selection, or the play selection, it doesn't matter because it still falls on the coaching. A win is win, but it shouldn't have had to come down to overtime. Leading 17-14, getting a turnover in your own red zone with all of the momentum in your favor, and then going away from what was working resulting in the Tony fumble turnover still tells me that Garrett is still too slow to get it. I understand that he has the kill mentality, which is fine, but having a brain fart at that point to fall back on "your scheme" when it wasn't working was just stupid and quickly flipped momentum for no reason at all. There really was no coaching excuse to not get at least three points out of that turnover. If I recall correctly, the same type of thing or set of events happened in the Chicago game.
  6. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    what are you saying was working? Running didn't seem to be working, Romo threw 50 times.

Seems to me the passing game was what was working (albeit under constant pressure).

I guess he could have gone totally conservative and ran it 3 times and then kicked the field goal, but I suspect people would be upset at not going for the kill.

Not trying to argue or say you're wrong, just trying to understand what you meant

btw, we were up 17-13 which made that fumble and loss of a field goal that much more painful
  7. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    LOL, Romo's not responsible for that turnover either.
  8. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,069 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    The short, quick passing game was working. Then he decided to become impatient again and fall back to his scheme of running long developing routes. This resulted in Tony's five step drop fumble turnover. Totally unnecessary call there. In fact, I wouldn't have minded three straight runs there just to go up by a TD with a field goal even if we didn't gain a single yard. No loss of momentum and more pressure on the Browns. Instead of needing 7 to tie, the could get it and win. That whole series was a total momentum shifter, and we were once again bailed out by Tony's clutch play to bring us back, though the Browns' sucky CB play didn't hurt.
  9. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,444 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    gotcha, makes sense. I can't tell from watching how deep the routes were being run. No doubt it was a momentum killer and gave the Browns unnecessary life, just like starting slow on offense did
  10. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

736 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    what a catch 22 us fans are in.

on one hand, and im in this group, i want them to win on gameday no matter what. i love this team, and i live and die for this team. (not really but you get the idea). my week is slightly better after a cowboy win. when they lose, its painful. especially with dealing with philly fans.

but on the other hand, i do not like jason garrett and i want him gone in favor of payton or holmgram.

lets go cowboys
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,418 Messages
    2,141 Likes Received
    Got in late, just watched the game on DVR and all I can do is just laugh.

That was the freaking Browns folks, the freaking Browns.:laugh1:
  12. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,610 Messages
    5,341 Likes Received
    You see any other Browns games this season?
  13. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,418 Messages
    2,141 Likes Received
    Actually I have, I watched the NY Giants put a 40 burger on them back in October.

I also know they were 2-7 coming into today's game and had lost 11 straight road games, the longest active streak in the NFL I heard.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,610 Messages
    5,341 Likes Received
    I'm glad to see you're dealing with the narrow win so well, then, all things considered.

Go Big Blue.