1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys Vs Chargers: ***Official Game Thread***

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Cbz40, Sep 11, 2005.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,772 Messages
    524 Likes Received

Sigh ........................
  2. joe_cowboy

joe_cowboy New Member

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    yea, no more 3 and 8 and try to run for a first...
  3. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    Thats actually a great point to bring up. I hate to say it, but it wasn't so much that Dallas convincingly won, but that SD lost that game.

An 18 yard punt? Consistent stupid penalties? I guess maybe it made up for the stretch of dumb penalties that Dallas had earlier.
  4. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Active Member

1,515 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I cannot take many of those games this year. I got so excited that i jumped out of my chair and flipped my foot stool up and hit myself in the head.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,694 Messages
    3,186 Likes Received
    It's the idiots over at the DMN that look like fools. Not a big shocker there. :laugh1:
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great Win. My heart was racing like race horse. Ny big concern is the mental errors that seem to come in bunches. The 5 penalties in a row was real bad. (Only 4 were accepted) But it put our def. in a bad psotion. That is the kind of thing that will get us beat.

SD is a quality team and with all that has happened last year, this win should really give us some confidence and make us believe we can contend. Here's to a great 2005!!!!!!!!!
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    The way Schottenheimer's team played, you'd think this was a play off game. :laugh2:

Hey they made dumb plays at bad times but the Cowboys still had to capitalize.
  8. davidyee

davidyee Maple Leaf

3,714 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    ...on special teams was "out" Darren Sproles. You can bet the next few teams playing San Diego will be practicing their coverages on kickoffs.

They can send their thanks to the Cowboys special teams unit.
  9. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

10,879 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Thats the way the game is played. You take advantage of the other teams mistakes. We did that and won. Ill take it every week.
  10. Silverstar

Silverstar Active Member

3,947 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Go Falcons!!!

:D
  11. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,309 Messages
    137 Likes Received
    me too...worn out but happy as a dog on a meatwagon
  12. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,423 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    It wasnt even questionable either@!
  13. The Curly One

The Curly One New Member

587 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow! Nobody thought we would win this one. It was close and we made way too many mistakes but I have to admit this is a much better team than last year on offense and defense. Sure penalties killed us but they had their share of costly penalties to. We can cut down on the penalties some as the team starts to gel.
    Patrick Crayton had a good game, the defense got pressure on the Quarterback? How long has it been since we saw that? Wow!
    The one problem we were all worried about did prove to be true, the pass protection is not enough for Bledsoe. Still I think as Petiti and the others start to gel and get some game experience the O line will be much better.
    Bledsoe was not getting much protection but I do not think he turned the ball over. He was sacked hard and fumbled but the fullback was able to recover it.
    Keyshawn had 2 great cathes that saved the day. That last touchdown catch was a tough catch to make and he grabbed it for the touchdown.
    Overall I think it is a good start for the Dallas Cowboys and I feel a little better about our chances late in the season.

One other thing that I really like is I think that The Redskins and the Giants both won big?. I hope this is a sign that the NFC East is no longer the NFC Least and the start of the Eagles fall from glory. Honestly the last few years with the Cowboys, Giants and the Redskins playing so poorly it is like giving the Eagles 6 wins before the season even starts. The Eagles are really not that good of a team but anytime you give a team 6 free games of course they are going to the playoffs. Time will tell. Curly
  14. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    We got killed on field position and by stupid penalties. Wonderful to walk away with a win, but we could have won by mroe. San Diego, as far as I could tell, got 17 points when they got the ball around the 50. TWICE Sproles got a big return, and Bledsoe's fumble.

We put ourself in a hole quite a few times with dumb penalties...3rd down and an average of 13.4 yards to go is not good.

Happy we won today. If we can cut down on these mistakes, and get better at kick coverage, we can be dangerous this year.
  15. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,605 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Ummmm, I saw the game til the end, then my girlfriend distracted me..........we had fun, lol. Never missed a great game like that, but it was worth it, hahah.

I told her now we have to do it every game so the cowboys can go 16-0.......don't want to change our luck.......lol.
  16. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

27,834 Messages
    1,368 Likes Received
  17. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,010 Messages
    402 Likes Received
    They didn't have that as part of the package last year......Did they?
    Me thinks it's nice.
  18. kmp77

kmp77 Active Member

5,945 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If we'd have played average instead of horrible on ST....we'd have won easily probably. We helped them out big time on field position.
  19. fourthandone

fourthandone New Member

1 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Heart attack number 1: Longhorns - Buckeyes game...Heart attack number 2: Cowboys - Chargers game. A nail biter but a solid performance from the Boys.
  20. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    It was a great weekend......Horns now the Cowboys.....can't get much better than that.