1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Cowboys vs redskins post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,471 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    The core here has done nothing but fail the past 5 years. Fail, fail, fail. I don't care that they are nice guys or work hard. They don't get it done on Sundays. I don't know about you guys but I'm ready for a new core and I'd make sure Michael Irvin is part of selecting the future players. I want more players with his mentality, screw this RKG bs.
  2. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,471 Messages
    6,035 Likes Received
    I wasn't thinking of lee or dez. I consider them part of the new guard. I was referring more to the old core that's been here for awhile (romo, witten, miles, free, ware, spencer, spears, sensy, etc.)
  3. jayhouston12

jayhouston12 New Member

543 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    anybody seeing the jets play?

imagine being a fan of that team
  4. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,145 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Dez Bryant is turning into an absolute stud WR, that fumble was VERY unfortunate but he made up for it with 2 TDs...
  5. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,511 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    At least they've seen their team be relevant lately, back to back AFC title game appearances just 3 years ago. I'd kill for that.
  6. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    I've been screaming this from the nearest mountain for years only to be mocked by the guys who claim to be "in the know" or board "experts."

I don't know how many years of underperforming for three different coaches, national blowouts, quitting, coming out flat, disappearing at various times of the game, failing to go the next level, etc. that the "core" can go through before fans finally wake up and smell the coffee.

It's obvious that JJones is the number one problem with this team but the core (aside from personal accolades) has been a MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT and the sooner that the Cowboys get away from relying on the core, the better.

I think Lee, Carter, Smith, etc is a good start, but we definitely need more like them and fast.
  7. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,392 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    honestly i would have had a hard time being a fan of houston. bad play and detriot really dominated them all of the game and did a good job in OT
  8. hairic

hairic Well-Known Member

2,484 Messages
    261 Likes Received
    The delay of game on the 2nd & 10 @ 3:01 1st Q was a bad call. The ball was moving when the clock still had :01 on it. OL other than the C were moving too.

Refs were too anticipatory/biased there, rather than just watching what happens.
  9. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,206 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    10-1 does suck, their fans must be jumping off cliffs.
  10. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

757 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    We have a very good chance to still make the playoffs. The division is a complete cluster****. Even the E-Girls are still in it after we lost today.

If the Giants lose to GB, they face WSH the following week. WSH could very well be #1 after next week with us 1 game behind them. It could very well come down to the week 17 matchup with the Skins
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    1). Anyone blaming Romo for today's loss, or any of our other losses, is terminally stupid. We would have been a perpetual 4-12 team the last several years without him. Garrett has put him in horrible positions time after time and Romo still makes us competitive. We have absolutely horrible situational play calling, no online, no running game, receivers that do not know the play book and run the wrong routes far too often. Romeo's ability to make something out of nothing is the best I've ever seen in the NFL. He's had to carry this team single handed with pitiful coaches for years. He deserves better and we have far too many idiot fans.
    2). Fire Garrett and Ryan. Duh. Pathetic coaches. Send Decamilas with them.
    3). Trade or cut Miles Austin after the season. He's no good to the team if he can't stay on the field and he disappears far too often when he does play. Wasted money.
    4). Cut Felix after the season. He's washed up.
    5). Sign and draft Oline, Dline, and safety's.
  12. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I agree there. As much of a fan of Ware as I am he just seems to be fine with losing. Romo the same. Not sure about Witten. The others I think are happy to be getting their checks.
  13. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,919 Messages
    1,594 Likes Received
    Every time we play the last game against a divisional opponent for a playoff spot, we get b-slapped. It happened in Philly and NY. It may happen again in Washington this year.
  14. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

6,143 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    All of the old guard are ok with losing. As Strahan said on the pre-game, none of the Cowboy "leaders" have any nastiness to them. They're all just nice guys, and all are missing that "hate to lose" mentality the great teams have.
  15. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, we really suck. More Coale and Harris.
  16. Cowboyz88

Cowboyz88 Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Ware seemed to be just fine with the game at the end.

Irked me.

It's like these guys aren't even mildly irritated with losing.
  17. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Congrats to SkinsandTerps
    His team did what they had to.
  18. WVSkinsfan

WVSkinsfan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I tried to start a topic but can't for some reason so i'll do it hear.

Great game cowboys fans it was a classic skins/boys rivalry game. Its great to finally break threw and beat you guys on thanksgiving.It was a tell of two halfs b/c the boys came ready to play in the 2nd half after the very slow start in the 1st.It looks like the east is going to be up for grabs this year so it should be very interesting.
  19. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,612 Messages
    2,172 Likes Received
    It may be up for grabs but the Cowboys have the shortest arms :(

Well, maybe 2nd shortest thanks to the Eagles!
  20. GottaWatchTheTape

GottaWatchTheTape New Member

45 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Witten cares a lot. I often see him having evident frustration with what's going on. I think Romo cares a lot too.