1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

News: Cowlishaw - Brass has backed Cowboys into a corner

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,811 Messages
    439 Likes Received
    This is the thing - he complains about the players not making plays but he is the one who put this roster together.

He has had two drafts, two full offseasons and lots of available cap space. This is the team he has chosen to put together. If he doesn't have the players he wants to be successful, then he is the one to blame.

This is not the situation that our favourite whipping boy Campo had. He had an old talentless team, no high draft picks (traded away for Galloway) and no cap space. Nevertheless, he got the defense to play better than they did yesterday almost all of the time with much less talent.
  2. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,895 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    WE're not throwing in the towel, but when you have a cb who sucks and can't play....you're not going to find another one in a week or two.

Hunter can't play...period...he struggled last year at nickel but got better with Woody helping in the middle....he cannot survive on the outside....everyone sees it, and it has to be killing BP and JJ....BP himself said he'd have probably made a bigger run at Winfield if he'd known what he knows now.
  3. Chuck 54

9,895 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    Maybe as a coach, but not as a personnel decison maker.....as I've said, you can play football and win games with a weak QB....we proved it, but when you only have 1 cb on the team, you are screwed....you can't hide that from an NFL offense.
  4. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The two things we needed once Jimmy left was another quality HC and a real GM.
    It took Jerry about 10 years to finally hire a real HC.
    I'm afraid it may take longer than that for him to relinquish the GM duties.

Jerry's done more harm to this organization by being GM than the salary cap, FA and early retirements combined.
  5. Tobal

Tobal Well-Known Member

2,189 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    I didn't realize the redskin offense was on par with Minnesota.
  6. SuspectCorner

SuspectCorner Bromo

8,019 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    yet again zimmer is asked to work miracles with a patchwork defense. and he usually comes thru. yeah, it must be his fault.
  7. DMX6990

DMX6990 New Member

237 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Huh..maybe as a coach Bill Parcell is better then Dave Campo. U think. that the understatement of the century. Parcell only took a team that had the same role players and took them into the playoff. How bout you analysis every personnal move that Parcell has make over the past two years. And the majority of the decision has been great for the football team.
  8. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Actually, I did. How many TDs did he give up? :rolleyes:
  9. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,907 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    I only remember him getting beat good once, he was in zone coverage and played too close to the LOS and Gardner caught one for 20 or 30 yards. I know the Skins didn't do much via the air in that game.
  10. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, they really didn't pass a whole lot in the game. Mario may not be flashy or force a bunch of turnovers, but he would have been a decent insurance policy for our defense at the very least. I think Parcells wanted to cut the cord with him to force a change at CB, even if we have growing pains in the interim.

I thought TBs defense actually played a pretty good game. If you take away the first TD play from scrimmage by Portis, the Redskins only scored 9 points. Tampa's offense is what lost them that game IMO.
  11. Chuck 54

9,895 Messages
    579 Likes Received
    Has nothing to do with Campo...read the last part of Sarge's post...he said we may not be getting Parcells at his best...I simply surmised that maybe we're getting him at his best as a coach, but not as a gm....frankly, he's never been that successful as a gm...he left a great program in NE because he wanted all that power, but after the initial rise from the bottom in NY, probably because he's a great coach, he never actually won anything.
  12. mr.jameswoods

mr.jameswoods Active Member

3,678 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I agree with this article. Hey, I can understand a team not going crazy in the offseason when they are still heavily rebuilding (Arizona and San Francisco) but Dallas was the ideal team to take some risks on key free agents this offseason. Cowlishaw is dead on. Relying on Pete Hunter is scary. Okay, they got Marcellus Wiley and everyone expected that he would do more than imitate the ghost of Ebeneezer but he was a big disappointment. At least we know that Jerry Jones learns from his mistakes (Campo - Parcells) so if we don't have a great season this year, I think Jones knows what he needs to do....not sit on his arse in the offseason.
  13. mr.jameswoods

mr.jameswoods Active Member

3,678 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Stephen Jones has more of a graspn on football than Jerry? That's like saying Michael Bidwill has more of a grasp on football than his dad.
  14. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well I bet Michael Bidwell has more of a grasp than Jerry :p