1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowlishaw: There is a simple reason Dez won't be a perennial Pro Bowler

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Feb 10, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,189 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    Has Dez Braynt finally turned the corner? Can we expect Pro Bowl seasons for the next 3-5 years?
    Too many good WRs in the NFC -- Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Victor Cruz, Larry Fitzgerald, Crabtree, Roddy White and Julio Jones -- to make that kind of pronouncement. Turned the corner? Yes, he did that in 2012. He's clearly their best offensive weapon. Perennial Pro Bowl pick? That's too hard.

Greetings Tim - Are there any players coming back from the injured list who you think will make the team and perhaps solve some of the Cowboys' depth problems this season?
    Yeah. A guy named Sean Lee.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL CHAT
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,518 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    I think I just saw someone mention Crabtree ahead of Bryant?:eek:
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,961 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    Sorry Timmy. You sound like you're itchin' for a job with Espn with garbage statements like that. Dez has the opportunity and ability to be a lot better than Crabtree, B. Marshall, and Cruz.

The mindset seems to be there for Dez. Not good for the rest of the NFL.

Crabtree finally got recognized this season after how many years in the league?
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,189 Messages
    6,994 Likes Received
    He already has a job on ESPN. I think he's a regular on Around the Horn...or at least he used to be.
  5. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,169 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Dez showed this year he can play just as good as all but two those guys. Because I am pretty sure he was close in stats with everyone but Marshall and Megatron.

Pretty much a popularity contest. Hating on the Cowboys seems more prevalent than ever.
  6. Titleist

Titleist Well-Known Member

724 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Give me a break Cowlishaw. I would take Dez over ANY of those receivers except Johnson of course. Besides we all know that the Pro Bowl is a complete joke. So much anti-cowboys bias, it aint even funny
  7. pgreptom

pgreptom Well-Known Member

1,501 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I mean.. what does the kid have to do?

92 catches, 1382 yards, 12 touchdowns, 19 catches of 20+ yards, 6 plays of 40+ yards, 54 first downs...

3rd in the NFC catches
    4th in the NFC yards
    2nd in the NFC touchdowns
    3rd in the NFC 20+ yard catches
    1st in the NFC 40+ yard catches
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,723 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Dez grew up this past season. The thing with his mom interrupted the first part of the season, IMO.

But, when that was worked out, he looked like he needs to wear #88. Broken finger and all.
  9. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,532 Messages
    1,685 Likes Received
    He's not far off. There are a lot of really good WRs so some are going to be left out. Similar to QBs. In the NFC, Dez and Romo are likely going to be snubs at their positions. Even as other players drop out.
  10. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Irvin was chosen to 5 probowls and his contemporaries were better than the names Cowlishaw just mentioned. It's all up to Dez, he has all the talent in the world.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,920 Messages
    1,375 Likes Received
    If Dez continues to grow and continues to lock in and keep his head right the sky is the limit for this kid. If he continues to do what he did last year he'll pass by all those names that were mentioned except Calvin Johnson.

Other than Megatron I don't think there was a name on that list that Dez can't be as good as or better.
  12. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I don't know anyone who wouldn't take Bryant over Crabs...
  13. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,213 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    cowlicrap has always been dumb!!
  14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    Agreed...
  15. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,973 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Hahaha Dez is better than all of them but Calvin.
  16. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

752 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I'm sorry not to sound like a homer but I take Dez over Cruz. Cruz has the luxuary of playing in the slot most of the time. As Roddy White said, "The big boys play on the outside."
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,436 Messages
    2,295 Likes Received
    What absolutely makes me laugh is the rush to judgment that Cowlishaw was saying those guys were better.

Okay, now get over your Cowboy homerism and look at what he did say.

There are a LOT of good receivers in the NFC and because of that fact it will be more difficult for Dez.

Not that Dez won't hang up great numbers, but the cadre of receivers is diluted with so many that can be big players for a season.

It's just amazing how you guys start to cry over a point he was not making.
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,068 Messages
    1,228 Likes Received
    I don't think he was putting him ahead Dez. I think he's just saying that, with that much talent, it's hard to say he'll be among the best 3-5 players every single season, especially if he misses any amount of time during a season.
  19. thechosen1n2

thechosen1n2 Active Member

1,622 Messages
    19 Likes Received

The good thing is this. Whether he makes it or not, IF this message board is arguint that he got robbed then that means he did his job for the cowboys. Whether he makes it or not doesnt really matter.
  20. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,436 Messages
    2,295 Likes Received
    Rein in them horses. If the measuring stick is this message board's angst signaling he had a good year, that is more than a little thin.

Just read the replies by people from this board railing on the author because they misunderstood the point he was making.