1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cris Collinsworth praises Cowboys’ defense; Bruce Carter ‘is going to be a star’

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 2, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    You can always count on Cris Collinsworth and Al Michaels to call games as they see them. Collinsworth has a little more distance from the Cowboys than the analysts who worked their last two games – Daryl Johnston, who was an integral part of the Cowboys running game in the “glory days”, and Troy Aikman, who got the “pressure relief” from Emmitt Smith that allowed him to throw the ball. Collinsworth and Michaels will be calling Sunday’s Cowboys-Falcons game for NBC.

I thought Collinsworth, whose caustic commentary makes him one of the least favorite broadcasters among coaches and players around the league, would be harsher on the phone in talking Cowboys, who have had their share of problematic moments in clawing to their 3-4 start.

Turned out, Collinsworth, whose calling card is “if I see it, I’ll say it” barely had a discouraging word after dissecting game film.

http://www.lockerpulse.com/News/Cri...tm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Dallas-Cowboys
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,870 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    Wonder if Cris catches as much flack for saying Carter can be great as I did last week?

Probably not.
  3. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Alot of people here dont like Collinsworth but I do. At least he doesnt spend 3 1/2 hours blowing smoke like a certain color guy.
  4. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    I LOVE Collinsworth.
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

I'm going to write Collinsworth and give him hell about his premature praise for Carter. Not that I disagree, just to keep him in check.
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
    Why does this link require me to download Google Chrome or some such?

Am I the only one that it does this too?

Is there another link to this thing?
  7. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Also from the article, Collinsworth writes:​

Take that, haters!!!

8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,662 Messages
    6,399 Likes Received
  9. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,994 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    Why on earth is there this rush to crown people when it comes to guys that play for Dallas? He has started 7 games for pete's sakes!

How many players have we heard this about the last 15 years?

.500 record over the last 15 years speaks MUCH louder than mediots crowning players and putting them in the HOF before there careers are over.

And people wonder WHY everyone other than Dallas fans hate the Cowboys.

NONE of these guys are as good as some make them out to be...if they were....we would win more often...and that goes from Jerry, to the coaches and the players.
  10. Hostile

118,870 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    Atta boy. Don't let me down.
  11. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hmm....thought this thread was about Bruce Carter, not the last 15 years that he has nothing to do with
  12. Hostile

118,870 Messages
    2,647 Likes Received
    Excellent point.

:post:

Could be said often.
  13. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,921 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Could we be looking at a Willis bowman kinda duo..uh oh. What will the Jerry haters say. I do agree Carter is looking like what we were hoping he would be.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,923 Messages
    9,009 Likes Received
    The only time people seem to have a problem talking about the past is when it's the more recent past.

I'm hopeful on Carter. He certainly hasn't done anything that tells me he can't be a really good player.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,923 Messages
    9,009 Likes Received
    I had no issues. Just an fyi.
  16. Outlaw Heroes

Outlaw Heroes Well-Known Member

2,101 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    WG I had the same issue, so it's not something on your end.
  17. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,844 Messages
    4,899 Likes Received
    He's not even liked in the 'Natti.
  18. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are you referring to the fluff piece you wrote where you claimed everyone would excel because Sean Lee was injured?

I really don't think it's a reach to say Carter will be a good player. He was a highly rated player in the draft, and he's got a lot of potential.

About Collingsworth, I've never had an issue with him. Always liked him, as a matter of fact. He's critical at times, but that's needed and welcome. Much better than guys like Gruden who talk up every player like they're headed to the Hall of Fame.
  19. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,096 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Bruce Carter and Brandon Carr are playing really well for the Cowboys.
  20. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,375 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Really like how the defense is coming together. If they can just find a bit more pass rush at times they could by scary good.

On a fun note. Carter is also REALLY fun to user in Madden with his 88 speed at MLB you can really fly all over the field. I love Lee but sorry dude Carter gets the nod in my 4-3. :)