1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cumberland TE B.J. Stewart

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by RS12, Apr 28, 2013.

1. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,183 Messages
    162 Likes Received
    Great....thanks for this information you provided.....will be pulling for him
  2. igtmfo

igtmfo Well-Known Member

1,243 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Thanks CU Announcer.

I hear too he wowed everyone at the lower-level all-star games, one other all-star game, then up to the Texas Vs. Nation in Frisco a month or so ago. He's done great everywhere.

He's always been a man amongst boys. ... and has stood out in every all-star game inc. Frisco. .. Athletic, size etc., and most teams might have missed on this guy, you hope so!

I hear Cowboys wanted to trade up in 7th for a blocking TE, TC Jefferson of Rutgers but he was taken 5 picks before the Cowboys pick (which they had traded a year before the center Ryan Cook.)

So we couldn't have gotten TC Jefferson anyway unless we had traded a 6 pick or even a 5 pick+ for that slot.

I'm happy that the Texas vs. the Nation isn't played in S Antonio or El Paso anymore but up in Frisco where our scouts can all crawl around over these lower level guys and find a gem.

Kind of like me at the tittie bars over on Harry Hines Blvd. in Dallas, you never know when you might find a winner. Not very likely either way though.

Good luck BJ - we need a blocking TE and I hope you kill it at Cowboys rookie camp!
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    This is the guy who could push Vickers off the roster.
  4. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    He didn't look like anything special on video. Average at best. Don't see him making team.
  5. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,730 Messages
    1,811 Likes Received
    Luckily, you don't get to make the decision.
  6. ringmaster

ringmaster Well-Known Member

1,791 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Yes there is a Cumberland University, and it's in Tennessee.
  7. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,758 Messages
    5,912 Likes Received
    BJ Stewart
    Height: 6036
    Weight: 263
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.88
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.79
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.67
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 30
    Vertical Jump: 32 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'07"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.50
    3-Cone Drill: 7.49
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,550 Messages
    154 Likes Received
    The thing that really intrigued me about this kid is that he was ranked #1 nationally in wrestling at the heavyweight division at one point in time. If you are looking for a blocker, a wrestling background in someone with great size and strength is a good place to start.

I really hope this guy sticks for us at TE. We need someone who can block badly. One who is a bit of a receiving threat is a definite plus.

If he can gain another 40 pounds with Woicik maybe he could even convert to OG.