1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

CZ: Changes to CowboysZone Supporter System

Discussion in 'CZ Announcement Zone' started by Reality, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There is a Paypal link at the top right of the page.
  2. dalsyk

dalsyk Member

158 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    thanks!
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope my question didn't come across as anything other than curiosity. I really appreciate this place. I was wondering what the nut was on something like this. We have toyed around with something similar for another project but we went in another direction.
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ok admins/mods I want to donate you guys got me!
  5. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,404 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    It didn't to me. I try and anticipate the next question and answer as much as I can.
  6. dreghorn2

dreghorn2 Well-Known Member

1,084 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    Sometimes it is very difficult to quantify exactly what something is worth to you.

I access this site multiple times per day and have done so for years. I also read several other forums most of whom are well run, this site however, without question is the finest i have seen.

The traffic is enormous and the information fast and topical (the daily zone is fantastic for up to date information). In addition there are many members with specific skills, insights, and contacts all of whom make the "being a fan of the Dallas Cowboys" experience so much deeper.

The moderators here do a terrific job of keeping an overwatch of the board. This is not an easy thing to do and a lot of time is required by people who are just volunteers. I have seen many forums, all with great intentions, disintegrate from lack of supervision.

It is easy to see that this is a labor of love for those involved, and i hope that if the time ever comes that serious financial help is required, that they do not hesitate to request it.

This is a great site and i hope it continues to be run in the same manner for a very long time.
  7. Achozen

Achozen Sounds From The Lair

5,076 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The green box kinda throws me off. You guys should have made it blue.
  8. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,509 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Moderators have blue boxes .. I wanted to go with purple for Supporters, Hostile suggested pink and Juke wanted a completely transparent image. We settled on green :D

-Reality
  9. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,509 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    Very well said and appreciated!
  10. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,404 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    I said hot pink for Eagles and Redskins fans usernames. You said our members would beat them up and make them cry if we did that.

What exactly was the drawback again?
  11. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,498 Messages
    3,331 Likes Received
    Brain wanted a variation of this.

:welcome:

You should be happy with the green.
  12. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Thanks I do my best to cover for the rest of the slacker mods ;)
  13. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received

LOL love that smiley!
  14. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Unfortunately I'm unemployed right now, but when I get to working again, I'll be more than happy to donate.
  15. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,070 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is a good idea. It's no coincidence that I always donate after Reality posts the donation stickies. If he didn't do that, I'd always forget. When you see the same button in the same place month after month, you just don't see it anymore when you visit... if that makes sense?
  16. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    it's shameful that I haven't donated as long as i've been here. i love the place. i'm just THAT broke.

ugh.
  17. Dodger12

Dodger12 Well-Known Member

1,997 Messages
    547 Likes Received
    Great idea. I couldn't figure out why I was seeing the adds after getting used to not seeing them for some time. And as someone mentioned earlier, it's a great reminder. You guys (and gal) do a great job and I couldn't imagine going online without having CZ around. Nice work........
  18. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    in the spirit of it being my birthday, and a new beginning, I've donated.

Appreciate the professionalism of all of the mods here, even in my freak-out days when I first joined :lmao:

I think I'll also be updating my avatar and my signature. Newman's been my favorite player for a long time but I want something more distinguished and unique to my user name. Anyway no idea why I'm even posting all this haha. Go Cowboys! :star:
  19. wesleyc288

wesleyc288 Believer

720 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Time to donate to my favorite site of the past 2 it 3 years. I should have done it alot sooner.

$25.00 is not much but it's all I can give right now. I'm still trying to figure out how to pay for this semesters tuition. I Also want to say thanks to everyone who puts in the effort required to make this site the best forum on the web.
  20. Capt.Gut

Capt.Gut Member

482 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yeah. Time to donate....