1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

D ALERT: Did anti-Obama campaign contributions dictate which Chrysler dealers were sh

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Jordan55, May 26, 2009.

1. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Critical Updates Below: Red State, American Thinker, Joey Smith and Reliapundit provide anecdotal and quantitative evidence that would appear to confirm a decided bias against dealers who donated to GOP causes or to anti-Obama Democrats.

Special note for moonbats: no one here is saying that the sole criterion for closing a dealership was partisanship. What we ask is: does it seem odd that the list of closed dealerships appears to have contributed a grand total of $200 to Barack Obama and millions to GOP candidates/causes?

Quote from an attorney who Deposed Chrysler's president last week: "It became clear to us that Chrysler does not see the wisdom of terminating 25 percent of its dealers... It really wasn't Chrysler's decision. They are under enormous pressure from the President's automotive task force."

Stay tuned. Data crunching is underway.

A tipster alerted me to an interesting assertion. A cursory review by that person showed that many of the Chrysler dealers on the closing list were heavy Republican donors.

So much for a free market, and who said this administration doesn't have an agenda :blind:

Found this on Hotair.com
  2. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,783 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Beat me to it............will throw some additional links and research at your post if you dont mind.........

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/05/26/hmmm-chrysler-dealers-shut-down-in-obama-bankruptcy-are-mostly-republican/comment-page-1/#comments

Hmmm: Chrysler dealers shut down in Obama bankruptcy are mostly Republican?

“It became clear to us that Chrysler does not see the wisdom of terminating 25 percent of its dealers,” Bellavia said. “It really wasn’t Chrysler’s decision. They are under enormous pressure from the President’s automotive task force.”

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2009/05/red-alert-did-campaign-contributions.html
    have thus far found only a single Obama donor (and a minor one at that: $200 from Jeffrey Hunter of Waco, Texas) on the closing list.

Red State, American Thinker, Joey Smith and Reliapundit provide anecdotal and quantitative evidence that would appear to confirm a decided bias against dealers who donated to GOP causes or to anti-Obama Democrats.

Special note for moonbats: no one here is saying that the sole criterion for closing a dealership was partisanship. What we ask is: does it seem odd that the list of closed dealerships appears to have contributed a grand total of $200 to Barack Obama and millions to GOP candidates/causes?

http://astuteblogger.blogspot.com/2009/05/astute-bloggers-first-linked-to-gop.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/business/bal-chrysler-congressman-0514,0,1811144.story
  3. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Possible Lawsuit coming

I wonder if an email trail is available that may come out latter to back this up
  4. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't mind at all thanks for updating the post, this could turn out to be very interesting, I'm going to enjoy seeing how it plays out.:D
    House and Senate 2010
  5. DIAF

DIAF DivaLover159

4,012 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Yeaaaahhh, I'm thinking this is all bunk. I would expect small-mid size business owners to be RIDICULOUSLY OVERWHELMINGLY Republican. So no matter which dealers you shutter, chances are you are going to be disproportionately affecting those that donate to Republican candidates.
  6. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ** Last night it was discovered that a Big Dem Donor Group was allowed to keep all 6 Chrysler dealerships open.... And, their local competitors were eliminated by Obama's task force!!

Here is the latest on the Chrysler closings-- I was sent this in the email:

I have obtained two pdf files from the bankruptcy court.

One is the list of dealers to close and the other is the list to stay open.

I am in the process right now of editing the data into comma delimited format for import to Excell and am about 2/3rd of the way through the closure listing.

I haven't done any donation cross references yet and that will come.

This has to be done manually ,which is very time consuming due to formatting issues with the data.

But, so far in the shutdown list there is an extremely high correlation between dealers closing and congressional districts BHO lost.

Texas is getting killed and Blue States are sliding by. Florida is also taking major hits and nearly all are in Republican Congressional Districts.

Little West Virginia is getting hammered.

I will know much better when I start doing all the cross reference work after I finally get the data into Excel, but that is going to take time since the data has to be formatted up manually and there are over 2000 dealers involved between the two lists.

So far what I see smells big time.
    And, Reboot Congress is asking for some assistance:

I’ve created a list of the cut dealers that *simplifies* the process of gathering donation information from OpenSecrets. It’s a partial solution that needs lots of help from folks on the web. It’s a crowd sourced project.
    Gateway Pundit
  7. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    by the time it reaches the Supreme Court, will it matter?
  8. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Actually they can get an injunction before then by a lower court so yes it does matter.

Then again the US is going to be completely Bankrupt by 2012 so it may not matter anyways or 80% owned by the Chinese instead of the 50% now :eek: (yes I exaggerated the numbers)
  9. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I was just referring to the makeup of the court, and what decisions are likely to come down from it.
  10. canters

canters Active Member

1,797 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Obama will day he did not know about this. We will learn he was at all the task force meetings and did not hear any discussion of punishing dealers who did not tow the line. "This is not the task force I formed and knew".
  11. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received

We are all going to die in Dec 2012 anyway, so party it up why you can. Nostradamus and the Mayans both can't be wrong. ;)
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,466 Messages
    2,365 Likes Received
    IF true, this would fit this administration's MO to the tee. There are pretty crafty at old style Chicago politics and by all accounts DO keep track of who is on thier side...and they do plan attacks on those that are not. Officially outside of the administration, there is a group that meets daily to decide what group or individuals to go after. They are good at it.

However, I have no idea if this specific allegation is true.
  13. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Michelle Malkin web site

Sad state of Affairs

In my analysis of the Chrysler dealers that will remain open, I came across one dealer group that stood out to me.

The company is called RLJ-McLarty-Landers, and it operates six Chrysler dealerships throughout the South. All six dealerships are safe from closing. The dealer locations are:

1. Bentonville, AR (northwest Arkansas)
    2. Lee’s Summit, MO (south of Kansas City, MO)
    3. Branson, MO
    4. Olathe, KS (near Kansas City)
    5. Bossier City, LA (near Shreveport)
    6. Huntsville, AL

The interesting part is who the three main owners of the company are. The owners are Steve Landers (long-time car dealer, 4th-generation dealer), Thomas “Mack” McLarty (former Chief of Staff for President Clinton), and Robert Johnson (founder of Black Entertainment Television and co-owner of the NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats).

U.S. Sens. Claire McCaskill and Kit Bond wrote a letter Friday to President Barack Obama’s auto task force seeking answers to concerns raised by Chrysler and General Motors dealerships in Missouri that learned last week their contracts will be terminated.

Auto dealers statewide have expressed frustration to McCaskill and Bond about the lack of information they have received from Chrysler and GM, saying they didn’t know the criteria used to make the contract termination decisions.

The two Missouri senators asked the task force for the criteria used to determine how many and which dealerships would be terminated, as well as the process for dealerships to appeal decisions.

“Many Missouri dealers are asking us why certain profitable dealers, costing the auto companies nothing, were selected for closure,” McCaskill, a Democrat, and Bond, a Republican, wrote to White House car czar Steve Rattner. “From this perspective it appears an arbitrary standard may have been used to make these decisions … these dealers deserve a little more than just a pink slip in the mail
  14. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reid told an exclusive special reception, "This man is extremely smart, he can communicate, but the best part of Barack Obama is his heart is bigger than any heart in the world."

He's got a heart alright read on

This Dodge Dealer letter is scary stuff if true

On Thursday, May 14, 2009 I was notified that my Dodge franchise, that we purchased, will be taken away from my family on June 9, 2009 without compensation and given to another dealer at no cost to them. My new vehicle inventory consists of 125 vehicles with a financed balance of 3 million dollars. This inventory becomes impossible to sell with no factory incentives beyond June 9, 2009. Without the Dodge franchise we can no longer sell a new Dodge as “new,” nor will we be able to do any warranty service work. Additionally, my Dodge parts inventory, (approximately $300,000.) is virtually worthless without the ability to perform warranty service. There is no offer from Chrysler to buy back the vehicles or parts inventory.

Our facility was recently totally renovated at Chrysler’s insistence, incurring a multi-million dollar debt in the form of a mortgage at Sun Trust Bank.

HOW IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA CAN THIS HAPPEN?

THIS IS A PRIVATE BUSINESS NOT A GOVERNMENT ENTITY

This is beyond imagination! My business is being stolen from me through NO FAULT OF OUR OWN. We did NOTHING wrong.

This atrocity will most likely force my family into bankruptcy. This will also cause our 50+ employees to be unemployed. How will they provide for their families? This is a total economic disaster.

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN IN A FREE MARKET ECONOMY IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA?

I beseech your help, and look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Sincerely,

George C. Joseph
    President & Owner
    Sunshine Dodge-Isuzu
    jp on May 27, 2009 at 11:17 AM
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,791 Messages
    1,667 Likes Received
    Well DIAF still think its all bunk?
  16. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I'm shocked, he's always been so open minded:D
  17. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would have wrote back Chrysler and told them to go take a flying leap and that i am going to auction off all assets before I transfered a car to a new dealer with no compensation
  18. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm with you, there is no way this can be allowed to go down like it's set up. I'm wondering if the national media can ignore it once it starts getting attention in the courts and at that point Obama and his administration get the lime light they deserve for their hidden agenda.
  19. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Obama is going to continue to find new and exciting ways to screw us. "Us" being the group that pay the way for the rest. Eventually there is going to be no one left to screw. We will all be equally poor. We are much more manageable if we are poor. Freedom includes financial freedom and that is a threat to the Democrat party ideology. It must be destroyed for the Democrats to gain even more power and more importantly to maintain that power. Hope and change the Chicago way!

I still think it is funny people on this board that otherwise seem like nice folks voted for a community agitator from Chicago as the leader of the free world. What did they expect would happen?
  20. Jordan55

Jordan55 Active Member

1,176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would change the word funny to down right scary and that his poll numbers still remain high, they are still perfectly bamboozled with this clown act and his circus and are thrilled with the direction were headed which is off a cliff
    As I have called them it's The Entitlement Cult of Obama, they have no clue, but to look for scraps thrown off the table and to blame the prior administration because they want more.