1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dale Hansen: Well said!

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by NJ22, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
  2. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,443 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    Nice thought, wrong forum.
    Lonestar94 likes this.
  3. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    then ignore it goofball.
    FiveRings likes this.
  4. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,971 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Michael Sam shouldn't be "celebrated" or deemed a "hero" for telling everyone who he is attracted to, he should only be judged on if he can play football or not, anything other than that is irrelevant.
    ChldsPlay likes this.
  5. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    Let's hope that is the case. Hansen is not celebrating him.
  6. Wayne02

1,971 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    Hanson acknowledged his own faults but welcomed Sam, saying it was "time to celebrate him." Sounds like he's trying to celebrate him with that quote.
  7. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,027 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    Like Dale Hanson or not, his take is blowing up right now. Without question the signature moment of his professional career number wise.
    NJ22 likes this.
  8. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Judging his college career as well as the recent developments, he should be highly celebrated
  9. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,495 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    I do think Hansen got it wrong saying "now he is a 3rd to 5th rounder". I think even pre-Senior Bowl he was thought to be in the 3rd to 4th round range.
  10. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I agree, I saw him from 65-80 in rankings.
  11. Wayne02

1,971 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    No he shouldn't be, he is projected as a 5th round guy and 4th round at best, he's not in college anymore so he shouldn't be celebrated. Nobody outside of college football guru's and Missouri fans had never even heard of this guy before he came out.
  12. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    He was First Team SEC and an All-American, what are you talking about?
    koolaid and BoysFan4ever like this.
  13. Wayne02

1,971 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    So what? If he wouldn't have came out, do you think that he would be getting the publicity he is getting now? Don't try and act like he's being celebrated for his college football accomplishments. He's a 4th round draft guy at best.
  14. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,204 Messages
    528 Likes Received
    I think players stunts should be killed before they turn ugly just to get a name out there, he dindt do this for any reason but to be heard about. It will probably work for him but the next guy is going to think of something bigger.
  15. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

453 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    Why is the media emphasizing Mr. Sam's proclivity to have sex with other men?
  16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,687 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    I appreciated what his Dad had to say.

A lot of people feel that way.
    Wayne02 likes this.
  17. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,986 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Football players should not be chastised for not wanting this guy in their locker room showers. It's no different than cheerleaders being forced to have football players take showers with them. Stupidity.

And what happens when this guy gets injured because of a severe tackle or block? Is it going to be deemed a "hate" tackle/block/crime?

Bad idea all around. I hope he doesn't get drafted.
    wilatino_98 and AmericasTeam81 like this.
  18. AmericasTeam81

AmericasTeam81 Active Member

453 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    The same people that say we should celebrate people who are different are usually the same people who chastise people for not accepting those differences. That reeks of hypocrisy.
    Wayne02 likes this.
  19. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,687 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    There will be a lot of new dynamics that come into play with a gay NFL player, .. with the showers and undressing/dressing in the lockerrooms being the most obvious.

But there are others, ... when players hug and embrace after big plays or wins, when they pat each other on the butt, .. sometimes they are face to face, or cheek to cheek when they are trying to console after something bad happens.

At the bottom of a pile, what if this players hand end up somewhere that make another player uncomfortable?

When those things happen with this player, will anyone pull back or act differently?

This will all be interesting to watch unfold.
  20. Gadfly22

Gadfly22 Active Member

623 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    It's fun to read posts worrying about how high-income guys who went to at least a little college and who play around guys with DUIs, domestic violence rap sheets, drug arrests and major dog-fighting operations are concerned about being ogled in the showers by a guy who has been taking showers with naked guys for years and has yet to rape, grope or fondle the tender bits of any of them. Wait. "Fun" is the wrong word. I meant "depressing".
    FiveRings likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.