1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dale Hansen: Well said!

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by NJ22, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

465 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Because it fits their dramatic narrative that everybody that doesn't endorse that or agree with that or even celebrate and jump for joy for that are nothing more than unequivocal bigots.
  2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    But in the real world, when you get to know someone and consider them a friend or talented individual, you realize that everyone is really just trying to be happy. Hence, the Missouri Team had NO problem with him this year and were successful

Its also pretty naive to consider there arent many other players who have already come out and players have accepted it. Jerry Smith, Dave Kopay, et al have been productive and accepted by their teams.

People have fear of the unknown, when you are introduced to new people and ideas you begin to realize how another person's interests or pursuit of personal happiness has little to do with my pursuit.
  3. nathanlt

nathanlt Well-Known Member

1,988 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Go ahead, demand your "right" to walk into a cheerleader's locker room and take showers with them. See how far you get. But everyone in the media world is going to celebrate this guys "right" to do the equivalent of that.
    Wayne02 and WV Cowboy like this.
  4. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

5,892 Messages
    1,892 Likes Received
    I kind of doubt this guy is the first gay NFL player.
  5. McLovin

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    DO people really think that any gay person gets aroused at any member of the same sex? I have hugged a playmate before in my hair band days and didnt. Being in music for my formative years and in LA now, I know MANY gays and trust me, during work hours, they are not some deviant group that cant control themselves in a professional situation. This thought is pretty offensive or based on fear of the unknown.

The reason it IS a big deal is because of many of the homophobic thoughts on here.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  6. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Bottom line, in the real world, .. some guys just won't want a gay guy beside them in the shower, .. it's a simple as that.
    CopenhagenCowboy likes this.
  7. McLovin

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    So you would be fine with him showering with the cheerleaders then?
  8. McLovin

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Bottom line is many have likely showered with gays in the real world and haven't known it. I grew up in a town of 2500 in Tennessee and a player on my HS basketball team came out after graduating.

Somehow I never got assaulted
  9. WV Cowboy

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Not talking about gay guys getting aroused, .. talking about straight guys reactions to gay guys. It is not something that they have dealt with in the past.

Cute word, but what does homophobic mean?
    Wayne02 likes this.
  10. WV Cowboy

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    That is the difference now, .. duh.

I still don't think it happened very often in their lives.
  11. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    No, but his success as an athlete certainly helps. When Anthony Collins came out last year it wasn't as big of a deal because he was a much lesser player (as shallow as it sounds). It's a big deal to have somebody who can be a solid NFL player break the sexuality barrier. Everybody can play if you're good enough.
  12. CrownCowboy

CrownCowboy Active Member

465 Messages
    173 Likes Received
    Yep and despite their disdain, I'll celebrate my right to have my own opinion.

It's about football. I don't care what Sam's sexual orientation is but it's almost like the media is trying to force me to care with all of this stuff they are airing. If they insist on trying to get me to care about it, then they might not like what my opinions are about it.

Again, whatever the man does in his private life is of no concern to me, stop trying to force it on us.

I knew of him before all of the circus acts started. I was always of the notion that he was a mid round guy. He had a productive college career.
  13. WV Cowboy

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Nobody has mentioned a gay guy assaulting anybody. What are you talking about?
  14. FiveRings

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Because every woman that sees a man is sexually attracted to them and vice-versa? We can all coexist, you know.
  15. McLovin

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    So if you didn't know but invited a teammate/colleague/friend over for dinner and he brought his partner would you turn them away? The argument here is that many people only want one way friendships. "Let me talk about myself and traditional ways and dont tell me anything about yourself if you aren't a cookie cutter of my life"
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,337 Messages
    1,225 Likes Received
    He isn't and I don't think anyone has ever made the claim he was. He is just the first to come out before or during their NFL career began. There are who came out after their careers were over.
  17. FiveRings

1,761 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    It really doesn't, it all falls under the same theme of acceptance. If you don't agree with his lifestyle, then don't make it your own, otherwise, it's really none of anybody else's business.
  18. McLovin

3,424 Messages
    1,169 Likes Received
    Lets be honest, when some hear "gay player" they automatically think about something sexual happening to straight people. The point is in the long run, this will be a non-issue because gay players are not trying to make moves on the teammates in the shower or at the bottom of piles.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  19. WV Cowboy

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Heck no, .. but I wouldn't condone them kissing or making out or anything of that nature in my house. They are welcome in my house for supper, but they aren't welcome to practice homosexuality in my house.

I don't dislike gays, I don't hate gays, I don't judge gays, .. but I won't compromise the truth, or condone what they do.
    Wayne02 likes this.
  20. WV Cowboy

10,996 Messages
    1,292 Likes Received
    Once again, I'm not talking about the activity of gay players, .. I am talking about the reactions from straight players having to deal with knowing that gays are in their world.

Most guys don't want them around in the lockerroom, truth be known
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.