1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Draft Picks

Discussion in 'Draft Day Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 1, 2009.

1. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,962 Messages
    227 Likes Received

:lmao2:

I didn't. I was trying to get an answer for my previous question.

Anyone? Buehler? Get it?:lmao:
  2. Common Sense

Common Sense Well-Known Member

1,435 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    I thought it was a Ferris Bueller reference until.. we drafted a second kicker.
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 RAWR

11,962 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    We should sticky this in the draft zone. Nevermind I see 2009 has it's own section.
  4. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,524 Messages
    3,366 Likes Received
    The 2009 Dallas dozen

5:57 PM Sun, Apr 26, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
    Tim MacMahon [IMG] E-mail [IMG] News tips

Here's the Cowboys' 2009 draft class:

Western Illinois LB Jason Williams (third round, 69th overall)

Ball State OL Robert Brewster (third round, 75th overall)

Texas A&M QB Stephen McGee (fourth round, 101st overall)

Oregon State DE/OLB Victor Hunter (fourth round, 110th overall)

Texas Tech DE/OLB Brandon Williams (fourth round, 120th overall)

Cincinnati CB/S DeAngelo Smith (fifth round, 143rd overall)

Clemson FS Michael Hamlin (fifth round, 166th overall)

USC K/special teamer David Buehler (fifth round, 172nd overall)

TCU S/LB Stephen Hodge (sixth round, 197th overall)

Virginia TE John Phillips (sixth round, 208th overall)

Cincinnati CB Mike Mickens (seventh round, 227th overall)

Oklahoma WR Manuel Johnson (seventh round, 229th overall)

Much more to come after we get a chance to chat with Jerry and Stephen Jones and Wade Phillips.

[IMG] Comments (22) Leave comment | [IMG] E-mail entry
  5. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,227 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received
    Thanks for the updated info.
  6. 5mics

5mics Next Year's Champions

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Thanks for the info! Saved me lots of time looking...
  7. the playmaker

the playmaker Member

178 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Thank WG....a little error with J.Phillip's link(S.Hodge)
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,524 Messages
    3,366 Likes Received
    A Few Free Agent Signings

Posted by CBS11

Reportedly, the Cowboys have signed these undrafted free agents. Click on the player's name for bio information.

Rudy Carpenter--QB--Arizona State
    [IMG]
    Even with the drafting of Texas A&M's Stephen McGee, this is a very nice free agent pickup. Carpenter (6-2, 218) had a dazzling debut the last half of his freshman season as Arizona State's starting QB. In 5 starts in 05, he passed for 2273 yards, completing 68% of his passes with 17 TDs and just 2 picks. He went on to make 43 straight starts for the Sun Devils and, even though, he never matched his first year numbers statistically, he wasn't bad the rest of his career.

Known more for his gutty performances under duress than a strong arm, he's a brash, confident guy who happened to be coached his sophomore season (2006) by Roy Wittke, who was Tony Romo's offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at Eastern Illinois.

I could see a scenario where Carpenter spends this year on the Cowboys' practice squad and, on down the road, both McGee and Carpenter could be Romo's understudies.

[IMG]
    Kevin Ogletree--WR--Virginia

Ogletree was probably priority #1 as soon as the draft was over Sunday. Of course, the Cowboys have inside knowledge of this player due to the fact that current TE coach John Garrett was Ogletree's position coach at Virginia in 2005-06. Ogletree probably has a chip on his shoulder after deciding to forego his final season of eligibility at Virginia and then going undrafted. 6-1, 196 pounds, Ogletree missed the 2007 season with a knee injury but had over 50 receptions in both 2006 and 2008. He's quick and has good straight-line speed, having run a 4.36 at the combine with a 36 vertical, 10-2 broad jump, 4.08 shuttle, and 6.67 cone drill--all nice numbers. Only 21 years old, he graduated from Virginia in 3 1/2 years. Ogletree is a player to keep an eye on.

[IMG]
    Julian Hawkins--WR--Boise State--6-2, 223--the longest of longshots. Hawkins is a converted TE who caught 23 passes as a junior and 26 more as a senior at Boise State. He was the 194th rated WR among 2009 prospects ranked by the good folks at nfldraftscout.com.

He's a product of Poly HS in Los Angeles, a program that has produced prominent NFL alumni like former Cowboy WR Tony HILL, Gene Washington, Willie McGinest, Winston Justice, Mark Carrier, and many others.

[IMG]
    Travis Bright--OG--BYU--6-4, 321--big, strong, stout guard who benched 225 pounds 35 times at his pro day. In the tradition of BYU players, Bright is an older player--I don't see a listed age but since he graduated from high school in 2002, let's assume he's at least 25 years old....served a 2 year Mormon mission then redshirted one year, missed 2005 with a leg injury, made 36 starts in 2006-08--battled back from broken leg suffered in 2007 Las Vegas Bowl to start 13 games as a "7th year senior".

[IMG]
    Jamar Hunt--TE/LS--UTEP--big dude--6-7, 260--though he's listed as a tight end, actually he's a long snapper with decent special teams ability. He did catch 31 passes as a tight end for UTEP. Hunt is 26 years old. Though I see no mention of it in his UTEP bio, he must have played minor league baseball or delayed enrolling in college for another reason.
    [IMG]
    Greg Isdaner--OG--West Virginia

An intriguing prospect--I assume he was a top priority free agent. Isdaner, like WR kevin Ogletree, went undrafted after foregoing his final year of college eligibility. At 6-4, 325, Isdaner has good size and quickness for a big man--a 4.75 shuttle run and 7.73 cone at his pro day. Of course, the natural question about any offensive lineman from West Virginia is whether he can run block, but that's the same question that most college o-linemen have to answer these days with the prevalence of the spread offenses. In watching some tape of West Virginia QB Pat White, I noticed Isdaner as an aggressive linemen who plays with a mean streak, probably moreso since he wasn't drafted.
    [IMG]
    Michael Turkovich--OG--Notre Dame--6-6, 305--started at guard his final two years at Notre Dame after serving as a backup tackle his first two years. Looks like Notre Dame did him a huge disservice by not redshirting him his freshman (like most major colleges do with their young linemen). So, at 22 years old, he's younger than most incoming o-linemen--strictly a developmental prospect at best.
    [IMG]
    Asaph Schwapp--FB--Notre Dame--6-0, 257--considered the strongest player on the Notre Dame team. You would think he's strictly a camp body, hoping to beat out Julius Crosslin for a spot on the practice squad.

Bill Jones

CBS-11/TXA-21 Sports
  9. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    lol, I thought Jamar Hunt was black
  10. Z mann R2

Z mann R2 Member

398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    lol....awesome