1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Linked To South Carolina's Melvin Ingram

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Mar 31, 2012.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Dallas Cowboys‏@Cowboys_NewsReply
    Retweet

Favorite
    · Open

NFL Mock Draft 2012: Dallas Cowboys Linked To South Carolina's Melvin Ingram http://bit.ly/Hv8dRx
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,439 Messages
    410 Likes Received
    I don't see how we're linked at all? That's all speculation and Ingram will not be a Cowboy.
  3. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    And you know this how? Your opinion does not make it a fact.
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Still early and we will be linked to about a dozen players before the draft, as we get closer we will be able to get a better idea of who they really like.

Still WAY to early.
  5. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,484 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    IDK this time last year it was down to T.Smith, C.Jordan, J.Watt and big maybes for M.Dareus, P.Peterson, and V.Miller.

This years its all over the place.
  6. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I think the issue is when you name someone like Brockers, there are 2 or 3 other players who present equal value th the same position unlike last year. It was pretty obvious Smith was the best OT and best value at 9. Watt was the best DE and value at 9. I never really thought Jordan was in the running.
  7. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,431 Messages
    400 Likes Received
    Winning lotto numbers please?
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,235 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  9. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,484 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Not that I agreed with them but alot of people had T.Smith at 2-3 best last year........IIRC alot people thought G.Carimi and A.Castonzo would be better.
  10. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    If I remember correctly the popular consensus was that Carimi and Castonzo were the most ready to play in the NFL from day 1, but Smith had the greatest upside. I might be mistaken though.
  11. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,046 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I believe some of the better draft guys were leaning that way with T. Certainly once it became known that Dallas was requesting additional film on him the Draft Community (fan and pro) zeroed in on the guy and we got a ton of accurate draft info on him.

But there was a "Carimi or I'll puke" crowd..

But there always is.. :p: :p: :p:
  12. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I think Carimi was the most ready RT, Castonzo was the most ready LT and the Mississippi kid was also often mentioned who was drafted by Packers as a guy who as ready and could play both sides.

As far as long-term potential, it was always Solder who went to the Pats and Tyron Smith.

The big concern people had with Tyron is whether he had the size to play the pro game because he played at 275 in his Junior year in college. Of course, people weren't accounting for the fact he was just barely 20 years old and had never committed to full-time training for size.

We made a great pick last year and kudos to the Cowboys scouts and FO for taking the player who I think will be recognized as one of the top 3 players in that draft along with Von Miller and Cam Newton.