1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas Cowboys Post Season History

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Hostile, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received
    I remember that like it was yesterday and I too had no doubt in the team going into that game - none whatsoever.

A little different feeling this time around, but enjoyable nonetheless.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,357 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    A prompt from a PM reminded me I needed to add "The Hail Mary" to the 1975 Divisional game vs. the Vikings.
  3. HogsRLegends

HogsRLegends New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The difference is this matchup would be at Dallas, not RFK like the other two. Makes it much more formidable for us.
  4. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,146 Messages
    2,747 Likes Received
    We have to stop playing the Super Bowl in Miami.

Those are three very heartbreaking losses. Even after all these years I can remember than like they just happened a couple of days ago. No way we should have lost all three of those.
  5. Hostile

118,357 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    I meant to mention that all 3 losses were in Miami.

Thanks.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,917 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    Yeah, we were so close to winning all three of them. Just one or two plays in each game going different and we win. All our wins in SBs were not very close except for the last one. All our losses were really close and went down to the last minute. The 75 loss to Pitt was really close- if we had just had about 30 seconds more on the clock I think roger gets us the win.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,146 Messages
    2,747 Likes Received
    I agree with that. I hate to pull the ref card, but that '77 game sure had a couple of questionable calls.
  8. Hostile

118,357 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    The questionable call I will never get over is the PI against Benny Barnes in XIII.
  9. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Which one was Dorsett's 99 yard run? Or was that not a playoff game? I'm probably wrong.
  10. Burgundy&Gold

Burgundy&Gold New Member

226 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would be thrilled if we can get past Seattle to have that chance.
  11. Hostile

118,357 Messages
    1,342 Likes Received
    The last regular season game of the strike shortened 1982 season.
  12. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

Before I even opened this thread I knew the trolls would be here telling us how they beat us twice in the playoffs. Its ridiculous around here.

Two things.

1. We would have played each other more had your organization been better, in order to play you have to make the playoffs. This year is only your 3rd time in 15 years.

2. You guys do realize in 1972 Staubach was knocked out the previous week and morton played and then during the game charlie watters was knocked out.

I dont care who wins this weekend, but the trolls are getting pretty annoying and I am starting to lean towards hoping washington wins.
  13. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,187 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Ok, thanks.
  14. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its funny how all the skins fans are here talking about a potential Dallas/Skins playoff game. Skins fans forget that they have to travel to the Great NorthWest. From a biased Skins fan point of view, tell me how you plan on beating the Hawks?
  15. Burgundy&Gold

Burgundy&Gold New Member

226 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Did you not read my post? I said IF we get past Seattle that I would be THRILLED to have the chance.
  16. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm with you. I'm very tired of all the skins here. I think they forgot about Seattle. They've assumed that they will walk through the Hawks and come on down to TX for another easy game. They make the playoffs and now think they are the team to beat in the NFC.
  17. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I read your post. Did you read mine? Please tell me how you plan on beating Seattle, if you in fact beat them. Based on your if, are you saying that the only way you beat Seattle is LUCK.
  18. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

I can see them beating seattle, but it will take a perfect game and a couple turnovers.

Seattle matches up really well, in fact Seattle defensively matches up well with everyone in the nfc I think.

Seattle has just been pretty lousy on the road. THey are good at home though and they have the pass rush and the veteran experience to win this game.
  19. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Seldom Seen

2,147 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I can't see them getting past the Hawks. Their secondary is horrible. Smoot is overrated, which is why they let him go once before. Doughty is JAG. Laundry is young. He may be a stud, but not this year. Springs I really like. The LB are good in the run. McIntosh was thier best cover LB. Fletcher is a classic run stopper, but he can't run with a WR or TE down the seam. They can't play 9 in the box, because Hasselback (sp) will pick them apart.
  20. Burgundy&Gold

Burgundy&Gold New Member

226 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Since you never read my post in the first place there is no reason for me to give you an explanation of how we are supposed to beat Seattle. Again, I said IF we beat them. I am not assuming we will like you claim. Are you saying we have no chance?