1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dallas looking at numbers to replace Ware

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by alicetooljam, Mar 12, 2014.

1. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,641 Messages
    5,554 Likes Received
    Would you rather we sit on those big deals? Yes Jerry wrote them but it's seems pretty obvious he wants to get past doing biz that way. We all knew we would not be signing big name players in FA. So why bash on Jerry when he signs a couple of no name players? There is nothing wrong with kicking the tires you never know what you might find. We need bodies. Jerry brings some in the exact area we need the most help and still gets killed.
  2. alicetooljam

alicetooljam Active Member

545 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I keep seeing this...what are we calling a big name? Im really starting to wonder... Melton? Is that a big name?
  3. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,795 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    This is Dallas version of "Money Ball".
  4. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,478 Messages
    2,896 Likes Received
    Championship!!!!
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,900 Messages
    7,651 Likes Received
    This isn't much different from what we've done in recent off seasons here under Garrett. We're going to nibble around the edges and sign a couple bigger 'names' in the coming weeks when the prices stabilize. Right now, we're trying to improve players 23-53 on the roster in advance of the draft. This is mostly what we should be wanting this team to do right now given the state of the roster and the state of our cap, and instead, we get derision.

The same thing happened when we signed Livings and Bernadeau. And when we brought in Dan Connor and Laurent Robinson and Lawrence Vickers. Relatively unspectacular, relatively safe contracts and a focus on building through the draft.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I think they are taking the right approach considering the situation. I have faith in the coaching staff to do the right thing with the limited resources they have.
  7. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,934 Messages
    495 Likes Received
    If you want to know what this defense will look like go back and watch the saints game when Hatcher didn't play.
    Alexander likes this.
  8. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,470 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's actually a good point. I got carried away.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,682 Messages
    5,829 Likes Received
    Good point. They had a DL full of really good players but no true superstars. The guy that probably the most well regarded prior to 2013 was their 1-tech DT, Mebane. Very few people could/can even name their 3-tech DTs.