1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Dallas-Miami draft trade idea...

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by tunahelper, Dec 10, 2007.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,929 Messages
    1,509 Likes Received
    I like the logic. The secondary is bad. Roy Williams is the reason the secondary is bad. Get rid of Roy and replace him with a guy(Keith Davis) who is worse in coverage(and is due to get shot again). Draft a running back because that helps every secondary.

I put all that together and I never played college ball.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,073 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  3. Mavs Man

Mavs Man All outta bubble gum

4,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And you were doing so well - obviously you are an idiot.
  4. Gangsta Spanksta

Gangsta Spanksta New Member

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You guys are looking at this wrong. this is Miami we are talking about. We should try to trade a year supply of Bud Light. ;)
  5. Gangsta Spanksta

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received

True that! Out of curiosity, is that the worst trade in NFL history?
  6. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,431 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    Who knew Mike Ditka was a member here?
  7. Gangsta Spanksta

1,809 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People just need to face that Dallas is a Passing team now. We need to build around that, just like Miami will probably build around the run.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,103 Messages
    3,117 Likes Received
    Duh. Next question?
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received

ditto.

good golly.
  10. Hostile

119,103 Messages
    3,117 Likes Received
    I have it on good authority that he thinks we can get McGregor from the Redskins.

Snap!
  11. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I hear Who Dat wants to make a comeback?
  12. kramskoi

kramskoi Well-Known Member

1,864 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Dallas should look at the AFC and ask themselves what they need to take down NE and Indy...these two teams will be tough to pass, especially Indianapolis which is a pretty young team...who knows how long Manning can go...he shows no signs of slowing...and how about Brady?

To take down these two teams you better be able to pressure, cover and score lots of points...forget the old mantra "defense wins championships"...we are entering a period of offensive dominance and defensive specialization against multiple WR sets...linebackers must be lighter and faster, defensive backs must become ballhawks...the motto becomes "get ahead, make your opponent one dimensional and forget about the running game"...sooner or later, league average offenses will stall while their opponent steps on the gas and eventually cracks the defense...same as we saw yesterday in NE-Pitt...

The keys for Dallas IMO?...defensive backs with better than average coverage abilities and a stable of good WR's...if Dallas could score a Westbrook type RB with good explosion upfield then i think they become more dangerous...Westbrook was killing NE because of the limitations of Sanders and Harrison in coverage [lined up farther back in the secondary]...

J. Jones has seen the writing on the wall and he and his agent are wise to the fact that this is a contract season and any injury could jeopardize a future deal...maybe that's the reason for his helter-skelter performances this year...just a thought.
  13. Romo2Bryant4Six

Romo2Bryant4Six Member

692 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    come on now...
  14. playmakers

playmakers Active Member

1,149 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Some food for thought here. Between 20{Cle} and 30-32{our pick} here is an average of what we woulf of gotten during the past three years.

ARoss
    Craig Davis
    Roy Williams
    Carpetner
    Eww, give me Mcfadden

Tamba Hall
    Kelly Jennings
    Roy Williams
    Carpetner

Good players, I like Jennings

Marcus Spears
    Mike Patterson
    Roy Williams
    Carpetner

Ewww,

Im not saying do it or not but remember our picks arent going to be top 10. The 20-32 picks arent exactly a slam dunk. You know injury free Mcfadden will be a slam dunk. Thats one reason why it makes me go hmmm. Tough call.
  15. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I would do this deal, but get a couple of 2 or 3rd round picks thrown in for us. Carp has shown nothing and Roy a top 10 Safety is debatable. McFadden and Barber would be killer.
  16. dogunwo

dogunwo Waves that make you sea-sick

5,590 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  17. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,689 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    And then McFadden goes down with a bum knee, and then what? Meanwhile, a FA or 3rd rounder plays SS, and a 4th rounder takes Carp's place on ST, and we hope no linebacker goes down.

I don't think so.
  18. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    naw, that doesn't happen to players you invest that much in! besides, McFadden is really Superman in disguise, only cryptonite can bring him down.
  19. tunahelper

tunahelper Well-Known Member

3,914 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Bet your built like him?

Huh coach?
  20. Hostile

119,103 Messages
    3,117 Likes Received
    This stuff is in the wrong forum.

Fixed.