1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Dan Campbell - The Ticket ....

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Sportsbabe, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,150 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    ... up next after the commercial.

Bad Radio has good points today (about the game).
  2. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

1,875 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    What were the points?
  3. Sportsbabe

4,150 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    About not blitzing in the 4th when it was working all game long.

About Aaron Glenn on Santana Moss while Newman was covering a no-name TE.

And Santana Moss is the ONLY guy on that team who could beat you .... why were we convering anybody else ... no need.

Santana Moss made a triple move because we didn't blitz and allowed Brunnel to sit back there and wait on it.
  4. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey

1,875 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    On the first TD Roy blitzed and almost had the sack.
  5. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll try to provide a quick summary for you folks who can't listen. Campbell always has some good stuff.
  6. calico

calico Active Member

4,140 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Roy was in coverage and got to the receiver a second late in the endzone.
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,967 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    I could have sworn Roy was back in coverage getting beat with Glenn...
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,470 Messages
    470 Likes Received
    No, on the first TD Roy went to help out underneath instead of helping out with Moss.

Didn't blitz on either TD.

Rich.....
  9. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was Ware who almost got to Brunell on the first TD.
  10. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,603 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Ware is always one step away. :bang2:
  11. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree with Dan, wether its zimmy or Parcells who made those calls, we gave the game away after being very effective with the blitz earlier...

We rushed 4 and the Oline knew who to block...

We allowed the only player who could get deep to get off the line free as a bird can be...

Another large lead that we have lost while zimmer has been here... :bang2:
  12. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    • Dan sounds down. He really sounds down.
    • His words: "You kick someone's *** all night long, but one kick to the groin and it lays you out."
    • Thinks it's on the offense's shoulders because they should have put it away. Never should have been up to the defense. Thought Cowboys should have had at least 19 up on the board.
    • He was always worried even with a 13 point lead, because he's seen it beaten in the NFL so many times. Doesn't happen every week, but 13 points is never enough to win a game.
    • Missed field goal was one of the little things that hurt a lot in the end.
    • A loss is a loss. Was asked if he would rather be pounded by 20 or 30, or lose a tight one like this, and says it all hurts. He feels like he's just been in a fight.
    • The positives to take out of the loss are that Campbell knows he has a good team around him this year. Even with the loss, he knows this is a good Cowboys team this year.
    • Just gone down watching the film and says the penalties called on Flozell were BS. Flozell was just overpowering people. Had some unlucky breaks.
    • Campbell knew they were going to win that game last night. He thought the offense was going to be okay and score or eat the clock up after the Skins first TD.
    • Everybody in the locker room was down after the game. Very quiet. Says the team now has to guard itself against losing confidence, especially because of the season last year. Everyone should be mad, it should sting, but you need to put it behind you, and believe the team is going to be okay. Have to believe they will win against San Francisco. He doesn't want to hear anything about guys being sore, he wanst everyone to be determined to win the next one.
    • Expects Parcells to busts everyone's butts tomorow in full pads.
    • Parcells talked to everyone last night. Basically said: "You can't make those kind of mistakes." Parcells told them you can't let this loss carry over.
    • Everyone had a hand in that loss. Pointed out that early in the game they didn't make a 3rd and 1 because Campbell blocked the wrong guy and Julius doesn't get the first down.
    • It was hot and muggy, everyone was sucking wind, but so were the Skins.
    • Watching film this morning is not required. Technically, today is an off day for players, but Campbell went in and lifted some weights, ran and watched some film. If a player doesn't break a sweat after a game like that, it only makes it worse.
    • Aggies don't take crap from SMU! :D
  13. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

63,382 Messages
    2,231 Likes Received
    Thanks for the recap, TBC.
  14. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I also listened.
    With guys like Campbell on the team I know we will be just fine this year
  15. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Petitti, Campbell, Roy, all these guys are pissed! I would hate to be the the Niners this Sunday. The boys are gonna be breathing fire!

As nervous as I was about the Washington game, I am completely confident we will smoke San Fran!
  16. Sportsbabe

4,150 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Please don't make any more guarantees ... I can't handle it right now :cry:
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,179 Messages
    1,444 Likes Received
    Nice recap TruBlue, thanks.
  18. austintodallas

austintodallas Consider Yourself Sucked

2,413 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Sorry Sportsbabe but I'm fired up!
  19. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,902 Messages
    867 Likes Received
    San Fran will be pissed, too. They just had their *** handed to them and we'll be playing in their house.

As long as Zimmer is on the sideline I will never be confident of winning a game. Not unless we are up by 20 or more going into the 4th.

We are going to have to go out and attack San Fran this Sunday. Destroy them.
  20. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,087 Messages
    62 Likes Received
    I will believe it when I see it....till we start to become a mentally tougher team, these types of losses scare me for the future...