1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Danny White speaks the truth here

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lane, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    Me too, but this current team is incapable of doing that. I don't care what they do on offense, as long as they put points on the board. Yes, a no huddle will put the D on the field more, but constant 3 and outs does too, without the benefit of scoring points.

I realize the no huddle doesn't guarantee we score, it's just this year's team's best chance of putting points on the board, consistently. IMO
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    with the state of the current O line the no huddle probably is the best way to go.

You cannot eat the clock when you cannot run the ball.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Our best chance at doing anything this year is all on Romo. We don't have the OL or RB's (health) to rely on a running game.
  4. fairviewfarmer

fairviewfarmer Member

335 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    +1 !!!!
  5. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,772 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    And even if we get those time consuming drives, with this team there will eventualy be a penalty or a sack that will stall the drive down the line, all of a sudden you took 6 minutes of the clock with nothing to show for it.

This team is just too inconsistent and undisciplined to constantly do that.

Last week was the perfect example, losing by 13, we get the ball with 10 minutes to go in the third quarter, we get to the Cle 20, then give up a sack and not one but two holdings in the next play. On 3th and twentysomething we had to call a pass just to get back to fg range.

After all of that, we took 6 minutes of the clock and only got a FG.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    I agree, but we don't do a lot of 3 and outs. We force the most in the NFL I recently read.

If the No Huddle produced points for us, I'd be all over it. It hasn't, so I prefer to keep the one unit playing great, the Defense, fresher.
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    We haven't ran that much No Huddle though. Only at times during the game to conserve time. I'd like to see us run it at times even when it's not "needed".

Plus, the "No Huddle" offense doesn't necessarily use less time than the normal offense. Only difference is we aren't huddling so that we force the opposing defense to not sub.

No Huddle Offense =/= Hurry Up Offense
  8. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,988 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Wow I agree with everything he just said. Cheers, Danny:shades:
  9. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I wish we had Danny Whites Oline
  10. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

4,726 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    You want Phil "Holding #75" Pozderac? :lmao2:
  11. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,772 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    I wish we had White's coach.
  12. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,830 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Good words there from Danny.
  13. lkelly

lkelly Well-Known Member

1,965 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Exactly. There's nothing preventing you from running the play clock down to 1 every down in a no huddle offense. Amazing that people can't figure that out.

Then again, having the ridiculously undisciplined Dallas offensive line (and Witten) sitting at the line of scrimmage for 20 seconds should pretty much guarantee at least 15 false starts a game.